[Audi A1] Latest A1 News

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Ah but at least with it being an Audi you can guarentee its build will be +++
Very true. If they did a good looking eco car with low emissions and no road tax I might consider one..... what do we think it`ll cost? I remember those bluemotion polo`s costing £12k new.

My current eco car is the SEAT Arosa 1.4TDi and its a cracking city car... gets me from A - B with little fuss and a smooth ride.

Riz :)

• 3 weeks later...

Autobild is reporting that Audi's all-wheel drive system will be excluded from the forthcoming A1 mini car. While this news might be a problem for purists, on the practical side, the inclusion of AWD means additional weight and cost, something that's antithetical to the A1's stated mission.

The A1 will reportedly only be available with one gearbox: a seven speed S-Tronic automatic transmission. Autobild reports that the A1 will be available throughout Europe in August or September of next year, with a sportback version coming online in late 2011 and a cabriolet in early 2012. The S1 will reportedly hit production in February of 2011 with a 1.4-liter TFSI powerplant capable of a very respectable 180 horsepower and a 0-60 mph time of 6.9 seconds. The compact runabout is revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Vorschau Audi A1 - So greift Audi den Mini an - News - autobild.de

Autobild is reporting that Audi's all-wheel drive system will be excluded from the forthcoming A1 mini car. While this news might be a problem for purists, on the practical side, the inclusion of AWD means additional weight and cost, something that's antithetical to the A1's stated mission.

The A1 will reportedly only be available with one gearbox: a seven speed S-Tronic automatic transmission. Autobild reports that the A1 will be available throughout Europe in August or September of next year, with a sportback version coming online in late 2011 and a cabriolet in early 2012. The S1 will reportedly hit production in February of 2011 with a 1.4-liter TFSI powerplant capable of a very respectable 180 horsepower and a 0-60 mph time of 6.9 seconds. The compact runabout is revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Vorschau Audi A1 - So greift Audi den Mini an - News - autobild.de

Hmmm...an S-model without quattro sounds like devaluing the S sub-brand to me.

Why?

Surely an S model is about making the rest of the non S range of that model more desirable?

BMW driving dynamics, rear wheel drive etc etc - then they bring out the X5M and X6M, which are 4WD. Sells more cars, because people are buying the X5 and X6 by the bucket load.

Got to say it doesn't bother me.. quattro in a car that size is a waste of money and weight.

If they did put it in it would have to be Haldex, and it's over kill for what will primarily be a city car.

I'm going to check it out mind, as it would be an ideal car to compliment our Q7.

• 2 weeks later...