OZ Alleggerita Lightweight Wheels....

RedRobin

It's the colour Robin - my Superleggeras are the same and don't show the brake dust.

Not that I'm well known for washing cars...

....Yes, I think Titanium is OZ's stock colour - Very practical it is too. Like you, I'd rather be driving than detailing although I did recently clay and Zaino my car for winter for protection and to make it easier to clean when I do.

I haven't seen any Superleggera's on Golfs yet.

+++

Looks like a full-on track toy now Robin. I like the wheel design but at first glance I thought they were 17"s. I'm sure they must be 18's and it's just the way the spokes join to the inner part of the rim.

I like it that you can see more of your anchors now - looks purposeful :)

....She certainly looks more track-friendly and purposeful but I wouldn't go as far as saying "track toy". I feel that I've achieved a nice balance between 'comfort' and performance. The lighter weight of the wheels really does tangibly add to my other suspension mods and improve the handling still further.

OZ make 17" versions of the Alleggerita and it's currently the lightest wheel you can get which is TUV approved. You're right, the spokes to rim junction makes the wheel look smaller but this isn't an issue for me - I just love the improved feedback and feel.

+++

I've never been a huge fan of darkened wheels, although I do really like the colour. I can appreciate the colour contrast, especially with the red. I am a huge fan of dark greys for cars. Personally I prefer the diamond cut reflection and shine of say the Monza II and such like, but I do think these alloys on your car look great, RR. I am a huge fan of your car, so I think they compliment it well +++

Yes, it's Spa :notworthy:

I was lucky enough to do a trackday there very recently. I plan to revisit and it's less than a couple of hours from Nurburgring.

+++

Cool, would love to take a trip over there, but need something a little more exciting than the Q7!..

Are they open most of the time or do you need to go on special days? :D

I've never been a huge fan of darkened wheels, although I do really like the colour. I can appreciate the colour contrast, especially with the red. I am a huge fan of dark greys for cars. Personally I prefer the diamond cut reflection and shine of say the Monza II and such like, but I do think these alloys on your car look great, RR. I am a huge fan of your car, so I think they compliment it well +++

....I don't like black or very dark wheels on red cars or most other colour cars either, Jon. The OZ Titanium colour is the best of all worlds - Can look very dark, or anthracite, or stainless steel. I felt that the cheaper (half the price of OZ's) Team Dynamics 1.2's wouldn't suit my red 5-door car so well and they don't have that style which the Italians are so good at. The TD's represent much better value-for-money but it depends what you want.

Thanks for the compliment - Always appreciated :)

+++

Robin, you're aware that your disk is on the wrong way round? The vanes should pointing the other way. Too late for this set of disks and pads, but you should swap them over next time.

This has been said before but RR has checked with AP and they have confirmed that it's mounted correctly.

• 2 weeks later...