OZ Alleggerita Lightweight Wheels....

RedRobin

I just keep thinking, well i could change the wheels, then think, well stage one is not that bad now is it. The audio needs sorting, and it keeps going from there and i don't even have this car yet!!!.

I have decided. I currently have the use of our new mk6 GTI from work running this car has made my mind up. I have decided that i will slightly tastefully mod my mk6 GTI when i get it after a couple of months of ironing out any oem faults and getting a few miles on the clock.

1)I do fancy VWRs stage one pack if i can come to some sort of deal maybe via my trade connections(not a fan of revo before anyone says it, they left a bad taste in my mouth and a bill to go wiith it a long time back(times i want to forget)).

2)Change the wheels not sure what too as i think the colour of shadow blue will have a huge barring on that as i think normal silver wheels don't look right on this colour. Also the mk6 is more slab sided than the 5 so thin spokes like Robins OZs i don't think look right on A mk6 from others i have seen.

3)Sort the audio out (something i really want to do) with a top notch EMMA competition KISS SQ system.

4)Then maybe do the brakes.

5)Maybe front black VW badge.

Im happy with the suspension as i don't need the extra 5% cornering speed modded suspension brings. Im also not into lowered cars anymore i prefer the practical heights and rides. Mind saying that i have changed my mind before icon12.giflol.

Think that will do me.

If people are wondering what has brought this on its a couple of things. I have a performance exhaust and panel filter now on one of my mk1 GTI i often use on weekends and its something i like the sound of and makes me grin. Second thing is i have a mk1 shell im building up as a play thing. icon10.gif this one has caused the bug to bite again.icon11.gif

Edited by Snoopy

• 3 weeks later...

Robin you say the monza 18s weight is 12 Kg and the OZ is 8Kg do you know what the monza 17 weight is?

....Yep, the oem BBS Monza 17" is exactly 11.16 Kg as weighed by my local Sea Angling Club's professionally calibrated annually digital scales! < Phew! If someone told me I'd know such information 4 years ago I'd have laughed in their face and told them to stop calling me a geek!

I saw a silver Mk6 GTI with Monza 17's (all oem silver) and it looked great.

[i've also got a set of oem Monza 17's without tyres for sale - Includes valves and unused new VW centre caps]

:grin:

I agree with you, Jon, normally the GTI does need 18's but on the Mk6 GTI in silver body colour the Monza 17's looked very good indeed (imo). I was very surprised - To the point where I approached the driver who was at traffic lights and spoke with him to confirm they were Monza 17's. I couldn't get my camera out in time! I was wearing a GTI jacket, so the driver, who wasn't English, wasn't too alarmed!

Was the Mk6 with 17's you saw silver too, Jon?

Btw, I think you'll agree that the OZ Alleggerita's make the Mk5 GTI look far more purposeful than any of the Monza's.

+++

Was the Mk6 with 17's you saw silver too, Jon?

No, red and that colour combo usually works well.

Btw, I think you'll agree that the OZ Alleggerita's make the Mk5 GTI look far more purposeful than any of the Monza's

I'm a huge fan of the Monza 18's and think they look the best on the MKV. However, the OZ Alleggerita's look far more race ready, that's for sure. They suit your car perfectly +++

I'm a huge fan of the Monza 18's and think they look the best on the MKV. However, the OZ Alleggerita's look far more race ready, that's for sure. They suit your car perfectly +++

....Are you suggesting I'm a boy-racer, Jon? :grin: < No, I know you're not (Mook would though). I love the Monza 18's too and I haven't made much effort to sell mine - I think they are an iconic part of the Mk5 GTI identity and although the BBS Pescara's look very good indeed, the original black Monza's would have been far more special for the Ed30.

But, as I've written in my OZ review, I bought them for their handling properties. I now find though that I love the look of my Alleggerita's even more than my Monza's. They are like two favourite pairs of shoes: Driving shoes and walking shoes.

LeggyRita.jpg