Points, ban, TT99 etc.

AudiPartner

Got my licence back, and I'm a little confused...

Here's the deal. I got an SP30 in 2007, followed by an SP50 later that same year. Both 3 points, £60 fine, no ban.

Then I got caught for properly speeding and I'm quite sure the magistrate said I was getting 6 points and a £300 fine for it. She went on to explain that as I was now on 12 points I had to also receive a ban, for totting up. Or so that is what I thought she said.

Now from what I gather, if this were the case, once my licence comes back, its clear of any points, allowing me in theory to tot up again. I also understand that despite the points not being on my licence as such, the convictions are still on my record, and therefore need to be declared.

Correct so far?

I rang the DVLA a couple of weeks ago, before I got my new licence, to ask what I needed to declare when getting insurance quotes. They gave me all the info I needed, and my new licence confirms what I was told. Which is...

SP30, 3 points, no ban.

SP50, 3 points, no ban.

SP50, 0 points. 6M ban.

So what does that mean? Does it mean I have three convictions equally 6 points?? I was expect after serving my ban to have 0 points (in theory).

Now if there has been a mistake, either on the DVLA's part, or on my part, am I better off for it? If I am, I won't rock the boat, but if I'm not, I need to speak up.

What do you all think?

Mine was the same as Scottys - I got banned first time - when I got my licence back it was clean. When 2nd time - it was clean again afterwards!

But that was a long long time ago so maybe what I say is worthless.

I would have thought that the BAN you received would have cleared the license apart from the ban itself though.

Most strange!