Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatcat

Forgive me Lord....

45 posts in this topic

Dealer picking us up at 10am - bonus day as it's one of the WO's birthday presents as well !

Not had a 'new' car now for 4 years, quite enjoying the novelty of driving a 60 plate car, soon wear off though.

Get the car around 12ish, then pick up the in-laws and head off for lunch on the river at Dedham.

Weather will be a cracker too, so a great day all round.

So come on . . . where are the pictures and 1st impressions then Pete ?

:grin:

Dealer picking us up at 10am - bonus day as it's one of the WO's birthday presents as well !

Not had a 'new' car now for 4 years, quite enjoying the novelty of driving a 60 plate car, soon wear off though.

Get the car around 12ish, then pick up the in-laws and head off for lunch on the river at Dedham.

Weather will be a cracker too, so a great day all round.

So-whats the verdict???

I'll try and put up a review soon as I've picked up one of these a few days ago

2114264-1.jpg

Its the 123d Twin Turbo version and initial impressions are it seems well balanced car, power seems reasonable once on the move, got economy upto 47mpg on a motorway run, mainly cause I couldnt get over 75 due the heavy volume of traffic though

It dropped to low 40's with some 'fun' I've been trying to have around town. The damp weather has resulted in the traction light flicking up coming off bends/roundabouts, if on the power early.

I would imagine the tweaked/chipped versions of these should be great fun especially if you can still get 40mpg (anybody here chipped and who did you go with and what effect of mpg did you have)

Will write more soon and will get some proper pics, once the weather sorts itself out

Thats very nice max b,you wont be disappointed with the 123d its a real gem.Had mine since june and is a real delight.will return 40mpg all day long regardless how you drive it.

If you are considering a map then check these guys out at www.evolveautomotive.com they have good reviews here at www.babybmw.net

Thanks CJ

Is babybmw.net the best forum for the 1 series? Are there any other forums to consider?

I will see how I get on for a while ie through winter before I consider tweaking, if the need presents itself. The crappy waether we have already is resulting in the rears wanting to limit power!

I use babybmw mostly and find it to be a very informative and active forum.You could also have a look at www.1addicts.com

I have 17's Goodyear nct runflats on my 123d and find them very good,no problems with all the wet weather we are having.However-i am going to fit some winter rubber come nov/dec.

You will find you have plenty of power to keep you happy with 295lb ft of torque on tap(thats the same as an M3).You will find 50-75 comes up really quickly in 4th.

You can always try disabling the DTC(press for second or two until DTC appears)you will find that stops any power being limited!Probably best to try this out on a decent day though.Have a good read of your drivers manual and enjoy..+++

Now with added Miltek and hopefully a few more pony's added courtesy of Shark Performance at the end of the week.

Now with added Miltek and hopefully a few more pony's added courtesy of Shark Performance at the end of the week.

Hows it now it's been done ?