New TV Required

Mac

I'm currently looking into buying the 56inch Philips 21:9 Cinema LCD...

Haven't really seen such a promising fact sheet from another LCD tV in this size.

Any opinions about this one?

Wow, just had a look at that, looks mental :eek: how the feck does that deal with upscaling normal 16:9 TV?

I have a few Samsung LCD tv's. My 23" monitor is excellent as well (samsung) and is hugely configurable in terms of tuning the contrast etc.

I guess the best thing to do is nip over to Tottenham Court Road there are a couple of shops there :P where if you take some material (if you're that bovvered) and have a look at some sets.

The LED sets are sexily thin and I think will satisfy your needs.

But LCD's 42" 46" have been seen for £500 as they are making way for the new LED sets.

as for size - I always get the biggest I can - at 3m 42"-50" will be fantastic.

Cheers

Tone

I guess my question is now would 50" be too big for a 3m viewing distance? I'm thinking a 700 quid panny plasma will probably fill the role easily.

My Dad has a 50" Panasonic no idea on the model but it is HD. Have just measured one sofa is 3m away the other 4.5 m away so I'd say go for it !

Do switch to HD though & get a Blu-Ray player a year since he bought it, it still amazes me every time I see it !

I went for a 50" panny in the end. Already have Sky+HD and a PS3 blue-ray. Never really bothered much for Hi-Def really.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the difference.

Anyways, thanks for the advice guys +++

Next job is to get my 32 LCD wall-mounted in the bedroom. Only annoying thing is the wall I want it on is a partition wall, not a brick one. Sh*tbags.

40 inch LED , 40 inch LED, 40 inch LED, 40 inch LED!!:D

Cracking picture imo and they look nice. Yes, I not long ago got one after coming from an LG 32 first generation LCD which cost almost twice as much

Are the OLEDs out now? A 40" must have cost a fortune :eek: