Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InterestingUsername

Who makes a new 'occasional' 5 seater cabrio?

11 posts in this topic

In my quest to find a replacement car, I really fancied the idea of a convertible.

However, having three children, I would like to be able to take them out with SWMBO so need 5 seats occasionally. I understand issues with the 'lump' seat being uncomfortable but as it is only now and then that we all go out together, think that it wont be a problem.

So, any manufacturers actualy sell a cabrio/convertible that can carry 5 at a push?

A4 or the new A5, Volvo C70?, BMW 6 Series, Merc CLK (or an older E320 Cab)

Should do the honours.

The A4 Cab (and I'm guessing the A5 too) only has two seatbelts in the rear, so it just seats 4 I'm afraid...

Peter

The A4 Cab (and I'm guessing the A5 too) only has two seatbelts in the rear, so it just seats 4 I'm afraid...

Peter

Oh! :eek:

I've also got 3 kids and think you'll really struggle to find any cab with 3 seats in the back. I heard somewhere that the old E class Merc Cab fits 3, but have never looked into one. Your best bet may be a 50's yank thingy with a rear bench ?

Let us know how you get on +++

I've also got 3 kids and think you'll really struggle to find any cab with 3 seats in the back. I heard somewhere that the old E class Merc Cab fits 3, but have never looked into one. Your best bet may be a 50's yank thingy with a rear bench ?

Let us know how you get on +++

Yeah old E class Mercs carry 5 but I am drawing a blank at the new motors.....

Guess all the avenues I am looking down for a new motor so far lead me back to keeping the F150 truck....LOL

Already got a 50's rod for hauling the famly to some shows but its the daily that I am looking to replace (or not as the case may be...) :roflmao::ffs:

Sell one of the kids.

I tried that.

Madonna and Jolie weren't interested.

Sell one of the kids.

But that would mean I would then lose a gardener/cleaner/chimney sweep...how would I decide which to sell...... :rolleyes:

I feckin hate decisions :grin:

But that would mean I would then lose a chimney sweep...

Ha! hark the Victorian Dad! :P:grin:

I guess you could always use the boot for the third child, the luggage nets (if fitted) normally prevent anything from moving around in the boot , lol