Buying a MK4 R32 again. Price help

belperandy

After selling mr R32 2 and a half years ago it is time to get one again.

However I don't have much idea of what I should be paying.

The only guide I have ever gone off when buying and selling in the past is Parkers guide.

A lot of MK4's on 53 plate are up at crazy prices such as £11.5k and £12k

I sold mine in march 2007 for £14.5k. Don't I wish I could buy it back now with the mileage on spec.

Sold it at that price because people just didn't seem interested and i as getting some seriously low offers. It was mint condition 3 door in reflex silver, Sat nav, full leather, cruise, Jan 2004 car with 21 thousand miles on the clock. So in the end it went for less than parkers were quoting at the time which was about £15k

Parkers currently says for a good condition one on a 2003 53 plate, 60,000 miles no options should be £8400. After all we are talking about a car that is over 6 years old.

I have found one on a 53 plate, 54,000 miles, silver, looks good condition, Sat nav, leather, up for £10k. I have paid for a parkers quote adjusted for mileage and options which for this car comes out at £9,400, so the guy is not far away in his asking price

I really don't want to pay more than the price parkers suggested as this is the only source I have to go on so don't know how owners can value cars at such different prices.

Currently selling my car and have put the price at the price parkers suggests so if I can buy based on parkers it would be ideal.

Can anyone who has bought or sold a MK4 recently offer any advice of what cars are actually swapping hands for?

Thanks