Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ludwig

Carbonio Intakes for a MY 2006 2.0T FSI

5 posts in this topic

Awesome are offering Carbonio air intakes.

Has anyone fitted one to their GTI?

What do you or others think?

The Awesome ad goes like this:

Carbonio Intakes - 20% Discount

The Carbonio system is designed to maximize the torque produced by your engine. The natural extension of increased torque is an increase in horsepower (hp). While the hp gain is nice, this system's tuned shape will give you that increased hp for a longer period of time, thereby allowing you to make better use of each and every gear. This is a consequence of an increase in torque for over 10% of the rev range; torque comes in sooner and tails off later. Compared to the stock intake, our kit shows increased flow numbers of around 40-50%

1.8T/2.0I/1.9TDI/R32/V6 - £156

2.0T/2.0TDI - £204

Thanks, Ludwig (could this be the start of the tuning slippery slope .... :-) )

I fiited one to my GTI. I didn't notice any difference in performance, but then again it was Revo'd with Milltek. I knew the car would be breathing better, but I couldn't honestly say there was that much difference in the real world. It sounded better with one, though +++

I fitted one to my GTI. I didn't notice any difference in performance, but then again it was Revo'd with Milltek. I knew the car would be breathing better, but I couldn't honestly say there was that much difference in the real world. It sounded better with one, though +++

....Same here. I had one of the first and from USA via Awesome. It got seriously held up in feckin UK customs etc - They must have thought it was a miniaturised stealth bomber!

Difficult to accurately assess its gains without serious testing but didn't feel much except freer running and throttle response. Very efficient though but you need a good panel filter to help it - ITG or Pipercross.

I've still got mine but am considering the new Forge Twintake. Two filters = more surface area and less restricted flow.

Most of the tubular high-flow air intakes make exaggerated claims and are all similar to each other.

RR, thanks for that.

<They must have thought it was a miniaturised stealth bomber!>

Quite funny - but not at the time for you, I know!

I've got a Pipercross filter fitted at the moment.

Ludwig