Audi R8 Twin-Turbo by Heffner

torres

Here's a small review of Heffner's Twin Turbo equipped Audi R8, including some photos and the original video.

audi-r8-twin-turbo-b-2_460x0w.jpg

"The crew from Heffner Performance is back and this time they are teasing us with an audio track from their latest creation, a twin turbo kit for the Audi R8. You ought to remember these fellows because the last time we talked about them the topic of conversation was a 1005 HP Gallardo, so this boosted R8 is sure to impress. Even though the twin turbo kit for the Audi will only net you about half the horse power as the Gallardo we previously mentioned, it is more than an adequate alternative to trading in your R8 for the new V10 model..."

You can read the rest of the article here: Audi R8 Twin-Turbo by Heffner and more Audi related articles here: Audi

Seems like a lot of time, money and effort to extract...what, an extra 80bhp out of a tasty V8?

Am very surprised its not north of 600bhp...if not something ridiculously higher.

I wonder why...

Bearing in mind hardly any of the 4.2 v8 units put out anything near their quoted 420bhp anyway its probably more like a 150bhp+ extra.

Remember as well thats wheel HP.. not the calculated engine HP!

Edited by jediknight83

Bearing in mind hardly any of the 4.2 v8 units put out anything near their quoted 420bhp anyway its probably more like a 150bhp+ extra.

I'm not picking on you personally, but quotes like that make me laugh, of course they put out 420 bhp, if they didn't, Audi would be in court.

Just because a few owners cant get those figures on a dyno, doesn't mean anything, Dyno's are not accurate for measuring engine horsepower, only wheel horsepower.

Take the engine out, put it on a proper engine dyno, and if it doesn't make 420bhp I'll eat my hat.

• 1 year later...

The 4.2 FSI high-revving engine in the R8 and RS4 is very sensitive to inlet air temperature as well, which is another reason why most don't produce the rated bhp on dynos.

Measuring absolute engine power on a wheel dyno is IMHO a stupid and pointless exercise, as already said it you NEED to know the engine power then you have to take the engine out and put it on an engine dyno.

Wheel dynos should ONLY be used for comparative measurements before and after tuning work on the SAME vehicle.