Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

Colour for the RS

197 posts in this topic

That does look good +++

i hope you are planning on a Cornish vacation when you get it +++ Sounds awesome!

Now, I don't like to put a spanner in the works, but grab yourself another £150k (plus taxes) and try one of these, and forget the colour.

4 litres, 480bhp, 1200kg, 400bhp per tonne - the new GT3 R :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=37578&stc=1&d=1258730143

attachment.php?attachmentid=37579&stc=1&d=1258730152

Porsche has revealed its latest 911 racer, the FIA GT3-class Porsche 911 GT3 R.

The 911 GT3 R is based on the GT3 Cup one-make racer that Porsche unveiled in September, but gets a bored-out 4.0-litre engine developing 480hp - 30hp more than in the cup car and road-going GT3 RS.

The new GT3 R has been deliberately designed to be accessible and approachable for its customers - people that Porsche coyly describes as "ambitious amateur racing drivers". As a result it gets ABS, traction control and a Nissan 370Z-style 'throttle-blip' function to help smooth progress on the down through the sequential six-speed dog 'box.

The new extra-wide body should also help the stability of the new car, making it more driveable than the old 911 GT3 Cup S.

The Porsche 911 GT3 R makes its world debut on 14 January 2010 at the Autosport International show.

post-8816-137914439401_thumb.jpg

post-8816-137914439402_thumb.jpg

:grin: Wopps the blue and gold looks the absolute titz +++:jump:

Get a pic up of blue with the white gold and then we can finally make your choice for you. PM me the number of the man at your OPC and I'll even ring him for you to change it ...

(and change the delivery address while I'm at it - just for a day or so ...)

wonder why they chose the grey/red car to be the launch version?

Would be a real help if they released pics of the cars in various colours. They must have some made in eqach guise by now!

I still say blue... the RS.1 was in bright loud colours... you cant go getting the RS.2 in grey for goodness sake!

Blue all the way and maybe the white gold will work on it.

too brash, will make it look all boy racer. falling in love with the grey all over again. wish just hurry up and deliver the fecking thing!

For me, the Blue and gold is a huge no, the colours just don't work together.

I think the white with gold is very nice, as the gold won't stand out so much.

Mooks suggestion works for me, although I think I wouldn't be worried about subtlety in a car like that and go for the red graphics, otherwise the washed out grey and washed out gold just look a bit, well, washed out.

Black would be better than grey, but it's not an option!

Wasn't the original RS way back in the day, white with red???...

yes it was.

I dont think this car will be able to look washed out.

Worst case I end up painting the gold bits black - but like the idea of gold alot.

Id feel a bit of a plonker in white and red

image_cd_gallery.jpg

Edited by Woppum

I guess it all depends what the grey looks like in the flesh, I've seen some pictures where it looks awesome with the gold, and some other pictures where it all looks a bit flat.

too brash, will make it look all boy racer. falling in love with the grey all over again. wish just hurry up and deliver the fecking thing!

Too brash? It's a GT3 RS for feck's sake! It's got a Meccano spoiler the size of a small village on the back!

It's a track car that needs to be in track colours - either white with red or bright blue.

If you wanted subtle you should have gone for the standard GT3 instead of the RS.

image_cd_gallery.jpg

Lose the graphics, and it looks awesome, Personally I think I'd leave them on though, as most people haven't a clue how to tell different Porsches apart (myself included)!

I guess it all depends what the grey looks like in the flesh, I've seen some pictures where it looks awesome with the gold, and some other pictures where it all looks a bit flat.

Have you, all i have seen is photshopped pics as above. would apreciate you posting whatever you have seen. thanks,

Too brash? It's a GT3 RS for feck's sake! It's got a Meccano spoiler the size of a small village on the back!

It's a track car that needs to be in track colours - either white with red or bright blue.

If you wanted subtle you should have gone for the standard GT3 instead of the RS.

Get your point, but your missing mine. I dont want it to show off, i want it to drive. Becasue the styling is so brash, subtle colours will make it look more butch.

Look at this black RS for Sale for example. Best RS I have seen.

1344544-1.jpg#

also think the grey and gold looks great ojn the new cup car:

car_photo_337249_25.jpg

Blue and Gold would be my first choice with White and Gold second. Obviously really hard to tell from on screen pictures but the blue looks really classy and I always loved the blue 996 GT3's the best

Either way I'd remove the GT3RS and chequered logos on the sides. IMHO they just look a bit cheap!

Fair point Wopps. It's all about taste in the end. I can understand the desire, need even, to have the ultimate version - hence the RS. I can also understand the understated approach - I'd probably choose grey on almost any other 911.

Personally, I'd only ever buy an RS as a track toy and have it in the most garish colour scheme available. Having said that, that black RS and the grey Cup car do look rather nice.

Anyway, I'm firmly into old git territory these days. Even the standard GT3 would be a bit harsh for my old bones ... either the Turbo or a Panamera for me! :P

My two penneth for what it's worth;

The first grey and gold is spectacularly nasty in a way that I can't even begin to describe. Gold isn't so bad on the first white pic though.

Have to agree that white is a 'now' colour but haven't Porsche done white for donkey's years?

The orange with black wheels doesn't work for me either - too many (including myself in the old VX) have done the black wheel thing to death and IMHO, it's a bit of a cliche now.

The blue would look better with silver wheels, I feel.

If the second grey/gold is anything remotely like what it will look like in real life, then you have to get that combo - the gold is far more subtle and looks like it 'belongs' with the grey (keep the chequered stripe at the bottom but lose the awfully chavtastic GT3RS sticker(s) on the rear wheel arch)

Tough (but very nice) choice to have to make. When you are spending that kind of moolah, you need to be 100% certain that you like it.

B457 ARD

:D

Well just had dinner with the rents tonight and i discussed the car with them. Couldn’t believe it but dad said to go for the grey and red. Says its conventional and Porsche probably know what they are doing with the press car colours. I agree to an extent however Porsche had done the white/red etc before, they have to make it look different, it is a 911 after all. Im not sure i could hack the driving around in a red wheel car either!

What I did agree with is im going to think whatever i go for is the best so you cant go wrong. Still have to make my mind up though!

I think im back on track. Either grey/gold or grey/red. Dont fancy the white so much anymore. If the gold/red dosent work out then I can always paint it black as below:

3_1920_1200xps.jpg

That one looks 100% better. Is that a custom job or just a photoshop?

its a chop but easilly done. just need to respray certain items :(

its a chop but easilly done. just need to respray certain items :(

Then that's the look to go for +++ Shame they don't do it from the factory, especially at that price. I really don't know what Porsches fascination for garish colours and colour schemes is all about, but when you're bunging 6 figures at a car, you want it to look how you want it to look, no? ;)

Yep. My guess is its to do with the production line. As they are such small numbers they dont want to make each individual. Either way im smitten and have to go with the flow!

grey with the gold wheels and the logo's in black as per the pic above.

The black wheels are a bit too much though.

Def not the blue!!+++