• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wopps,

Sit down. Listen to me.

Go custom.

Its got to be white - and then ask them to make the detailing a light to medium grey. A bit lighter than the grey just below the tyresmoke header.

Now we're talking....

Happy to help +++

Was told that you can go custom at a cost for April slots onwards. I hope my slot is March!!!

Today is another day and now i mostly like grey and gold+++:ffs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14287&d=1259622387

Edited by Woppum

No no no no no, blue is the wrong colour for this car for so many reasons.

It's ok on a Focus or Golf (although I wouldn't pay the premium they seem to think it's worth) but I just don't get the whole blue thing as a 'sporty' colour, it's just not, it's a shopping car colour.

Ha you are such a woman!!!

Blue with no graphics is the way forwards!

cant help thinking its a little posh and wouldnt suit me.

think the grey and gold is more up my street, new and fashionable. Feck think i have just convinced myself!:eek:

Will have to organise i good detail and a few beers Jedi for the fantastic chop. couldnt have done it without you.+++

Until tomorrow ;)

No no no no no, blue is the wrong colour for this car for so many reasons.

It's ok on a Focus or Golf (although I wouldn't pay the premium they seem to think it's worth) but I just don't get the whole blue thing as a 'sporty' colour, it's just not, it's a shopping car colour.

Buy that man a beer!!!

What i'm thinking.+++

Yellow calipers on a 997 = carbon ceramic brakes +++

They still look rank though!

And I don't know why anyone would spec them, they don't stop you as well as normal brakes, they just do it more times, and you'd have to be being really silly to get a decent set of non carbon ceramic brakes hot enough to get fade, even on track.

The PCCB's are worth it first time around. For the following reasons:

1. They do stop you better, can knock 10-20 metres off long straights.

2. They do not fade.

3. They produce no brake dust!

4. They last 4 times as long as steels (as long as you do not have a problem).

5. Huge wieght saving in a place you want it the most! Noticable handling improvment.

6. Its an RS and an extra 20kgs off are what its about!

Finally speccing them the first time is academic. They are either 6k or 7k when specced with the car. When you buy them the second time disks alone are £2500 each. At this point (a couple of yrs later and many track days down) you can replace them with steels at around £2.5k for the set.

1. They do stop you better, can knock 10-20 metres off long straights.

I don't doubt what your saying about the rest of the points, but every side by side test i've ever seen shows the carbon brakes actually increase stopping distances.

Not by a huge amount mind, I suspect the weight saving as you mentioned is the biggest argument for them, and if they can be replaced with steel discs then I guess it gives you both options.

I don't doubt what your saying about the rest of the points, but every side by side test i've ever seen shows the carbon brakes actually increase stopping distances.

Not by a huge amount mind, I suspect the weight saving as you mentioned is the biggest argument for them, and if they can be replaced with steel discs then I guess it gives you both options.

hmmnn, maybe the PCCB's gen 1 from the 03 RS but not the mk2's or 3's. They are slightly better from cold and more so when hot. All the hardcore porsche boys swear by them.

The only real downside is you do get more feel with the steels. Feel a bit more like audi brakes with the PCCB's, that little bit numb but very sharp still.

What side by side tests have you done out of intrest?

What side by side tests have you done out of intrest?

Me, none, I've never even driven a car with them.

Just the tests I've seen on TV/internet, they all mention the lack of feel like you say too.

Maybe the Porsche ones are better, don't think I've seen a test involving a Porsche, but remember being suprised when they all quoted longer stopping distances.

I think the first one I saw was the video posted up on TSN about the Targa something or other race/rally, with a fettled car I cant remember taking longer to stop on carbons.