Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rushforth999

Boxster s condensation

3 posts in this topic

I have a 2000 Boxster S with full history and only 46000 miles. Runs superbly and I'm chuffed to bits.

I have two minor niggles that I wish to post:

1/ In cold, wet weather I sometimes get a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreen. All carpet areas are totally dry and I can't find any evidence of drain channels being blocked. when I tested the drain channels around the door, water escapes to the outside over the top of the door sill. The air con has just tested and re-gassed. All tested fine. Any suggestions.

2/ When cold weather, 2nd to 3rd gear can be a little awkward. Once the engine warms uo, the shift is brilliant. Cluch works very well with no slipping and bites just under half way up its full travel.Garage suggested a transmission oil change. Any suggestions please?

First of all welcome. There aren't many Boxster owners on here, you'd be better off asking somewhere like boxa.net

1) The symptoms certainly suggest a damp problem so you are looking for the right things. Have you checked the vertically mounted carpet behind the seats and also directly under the seats?

2) If you have no other symptoms (such as knocking noises or shunting) then changing the transmission fluid sounds like a good idea. It's normally done at 96k, however as your fluid is 9yrs old it's not going to be in the best condition. It's also probably the cheapest thing to try relating to this problem.

Thanks Eddy

I am new to this game.

The carpets are all absoutely dry everywhere including your suggestion. Do you think it might have something to do with the heater matrix?

My gear change problems seem to be down to the transmission oil. Up for a major service in two weeks. Hopefully a change of fluid will sort out what is a very minor but annoying problem.

Cheers and pleasae write back

Adrian