Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reidtastic

some piccys

9 posts in this topic

A wee pic of my previous car, feckin loved that motor

car006.jpg

and some pics of my new GTI, in standard form (it wont be like this for long):cool:

i missed having a black motor, its awesome looking after a wax.

ebay100.jpg

ebay091.jpg

ebay090.jpg

Nice and reflective/shiny - a bit like your swede :P;)

Time for some 18's on the GTI?

:P

yea i know, ive been looking for pescaras but "rockin horse sh1t" springs to mind, I think im going to go for oem 18" as i really want to keep the oem offset as i think that psss9s or v2s are inevitable.

what have you got on yours jon ?

Nice bike +++ More nimble than the M3 and a bit lighter. Where do you ride?

I sold my GTI in August, but it had the Monza II 18's on +++

Nice bike +++ More nimble than the M3 and a bit lighter. Where do you ride?

I sold my GTI in August, but it had the Monza II 18's on +++

Innerleithen mostly, i used to do alot of trails but due to a lack of room my misses made me get rid of a bike, so just decided to stick with DH, My plan is to buy a light weight set of wheels for trails, i reccon it wont be too bad for the likes of glentress, i do think it could do with a degree or so slacker on the head angle though,

yea monza 2s are nice !

Inners is my local run - there most weekends. You riden your completed bike there yet? Should be fine for some XC trails. A mate and I went to Laggan the other weekend to get some airtime on the bike park and even tried the black XC route on the big bikes. Most of it was fine, but as you'd expect to pedally for a DH bike.

Not been to laggan yet, is it good ?

Been at inners once on my new bike, i didnt enjoy it though it was bucketing and i ripped my jacket on the first run, so ended up doing another 5 in the freezing cold rain and it took me about 2 hours to dismantle my bike as my hands were frozen solid, so ive decided to hang it up for the winter !

Laggan is XC based and not geared up for DH. That said, the red XC run there is fast and fun, but unfortunately not technical, and doesn't really warrant the big bikes. There is a decent shop there which stocks high quality gear though and the cafe is a welcome site. The bike park is fun with some large fast berms, table tops, but lacks doubles and decent kickers - not sure the average Laggan rider would cope with them to be honest! I tend to ride in all weather conditions, although continual rain can dampen the spirit as well as the individual right through to the skin! I'll be racing SDA next season so want to build the technical skill in all weather and we tend to get all weathers here in Scotland!