GTR - first service, 6 months, 5k miles

bazza_g

:grin: Made the 180 mile round trip to Westover Nissan Bournemouth today for my 6k/6month service (@5k miles) - good to finally meet their GTR top tech Darren after speaking to him serveral times on the phone, very knowledgable and helpful with a genuine enthusiasm for all things GTR.

I could have used the concierge service to have the car collected and returned to me but a few recent stories put me off with potential bumber/wheel damage although this seems to have affected members up North in the main. Besides, more time driving the GTR is more time driving the GTR +++

Service was carried out quickly and efficiently with them explaining what was done and showing me a Nav car in the showroom whilst mine was being washed (yeah I know but I'm a lazy fecker) - the screen is much sharper than my non-nav version and I want a iphone integration even more now - feck, feck, feck!! :ffs:

We discussed my attempt to rail slide my front splitter and it seems I have only knackered the protective tape. At £90 a roll it was easy decidion to just cut away the damaged section (15-20cm), nothing visible now and still considering the Stillen 'clip over' splitter option. The point that parts costs were coming down was also mentioned thanks to some pricing 'corrections' coming from Nissan Japan.

Cost for the G1 service was £229 inc VAT and a touchup pen I'd requested for the corner of my drivers door - nice one bazza

The Gearbox/clutches calibration normaly done at the 1200 mile optimisation and then annually was also done for good measure +++

I'm a firm believer that good service should be recognised so so top marks to Westover Nissan - coffee was good too :jump:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 weeks maybe? Depends, not really doing that many but they seem to add up really.

I also count in tankfuls - i.e 4 :roflmao:

200 per tank, huh? Still, that's 200 miles of serious fun though :grin: I reckon I get 350/400 out of one tank (about £70/£75).

What's the service intervals for the GTR?

:grin: 6 months or 6k miles whichever comes first, the G1 service is just engine oil + filter and a few checks, it gets a bit pricier after that... I think they double roughly every 6k and let's not talk about the 36k service! :roflmao:

There are seperate optimisation services that take place anually to check gearbox/clutch allignment and engine bank airflow balance but these are gratis from Nissan.

+++

:grin: I said roughly, its not quite that bad but take a deep breath....

06 Months/6k - £236.86 +vat

12 Months/12k -£472.76 +vat

18 Months/18k -£829.16 +vat

24 Months/24k -£657.01 +vat

30 Months/30k-£236.86 +vat

36 Months/36k-£1219.06 +vat

of course thats from Nissan HPC, savings to be had with independants like Litchfields +++

Bazza what the f*ck were you playing at. I just can't believe you can be sooooo stupid.

To not call in at mine on the way to Daz's on the way back from Westover for a second test drive.

FFS - sort it out :rolleyes::P

He was still reeling from the service costs for the next few services!

Besides, is Bazza likely to still have the car in 36 months time? (30 months from now)?