Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evergoodstudios

OSF Light Washer Cover Stolen

3 posts in this topic

Just to let you guys know, I had my driver side light washer cover stolen over the weekend.

I have reason to believe it happened whilst my car was parked in the XScape car park in Castleford, West Yorkshire on Saturday night. So keep your eyes open if in this area.

Got a quote from VW - £12 for the part, and about £15 for painting at a reputable body shop nearby, so not the end of the world, but it's 30 quid I didn't need to spend!

You sure it's been nicked? I recall these falling off in the past if my memory serves me right. :confused:

Well, it has been fine for nearly four years of ownership. There were no cracks on it either. I have looked at the washer jet itself and the tabs that hold the cover in place are still ok. The other side one seems very difficult to remove. I suppose its always a possibility. It just seems too hard to remove, and the car was in the car park for some time.

Do you think it is possible? I don't have faith in the 'younger generation' these days, they seem to be getting worse...