Which remap

edzon28

hi guys im planning to remap my mk5 golf gti ive tried revo but any more you could recommend

Welcome to Tyresmoke +++

Have you installed the trial version from Revo? If so, you may not be able to get it off without re-flashing your ECU, but Shark_90 will be along shortly to share his experience.

Different options you can consider are Revo, AmD, APS, Superchips and some others, but if you want a no bullsh*t approach to remapping cars with upgrades that work, then Shark_90 is your man. He's even got a new self tuning thing that lets you apply and remove the map yourself, so you don't have to travel to him.

Info at Shark Performance - Volkswagen Audi Seat and Skoda Tuning +++

If you have had the Revo trial then you will need to have the car flashed back to standard again (as it won't be standard any more :rolleyes:) and so either take it back to the person who applied the trial, or you can get it done at a VAG dealer and they'll possibly charge you a little for their time (£30-£50 perhaps). When the trial expires it doesn't go back to standard software as many people assume, and it also stops other tuners from remapping the car in the traditional way.

Mook is right, our STS is out on the market and doing very well by all accounts. Once you have had your car returned to standard, the STS can be used to apply one of our maps to your car wherever you are.. people across the world have had them (literally!) and it really is a great system. The remap's not bad either :D

If you'd like any more info, have a look around the website or give us a call +++

Thanks for the reply guys ,I was not aware that trial software of revo needs to be reflashed after, the garage did not explain it to me.but anyway if I order the sts system will this rectify the thing straight forward through my cars diagnostic port ?Or do I need to mention this when I order sts system so they could input a program on it:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply guys ,I was not aware that trial software of revo needs to be reflashed after, the garage did not explain it to me.but anyway if I order the sts system will this rectify the thing straight forward through my cars diagnostic port ?Or do I need to mention this when I order sts system so they could input a program on it:rolleyes:

:ffs:oops i did not get it, looks like I have to go back to the garage to have the trial remap removed.again thanks guys it was very informative