Falken F452's

Biscuits

I know some people rave about them, some people say "you get what you pay for"

At £314.56 for four fully fitted (Event-Mobile)... I'm struggling to ignore them as an option.

My fronts are virtually down to the markers and the rears prob have 3mm. I have some long trips planned and with the winter weather, would prefer some tread depth... even with Quattro

Any one have some personal experience ?

+++

Had a full set of Falken F452's (245/40/R18 97Y) on my old A6 to replace the original Pirelli P Zero Rossos and they were a big improvement. No tram lining and durability was fine.

I'll probably end up going for them again on my A4. I don't see the point in paying extra for a 'top' brand tyre over the Falkens which, in my opinion were better than the Pirellis. I've noticed they've crept up a bit in price since I last bought them!

I have had 5 sets.

They are fine for the money, in fact they are very good.

Last set I had was straight after PS2s though and really noticed the difference then, so much so that I took them off after 3000 miles and bought another set of PS2s.

I am having my winter tyres fitted to the A6 tomorrow, so look forward to seeing what they are like. Dunlop Sp Winter Sport M2's, wanted the Michelin Alpin Sports but they were too much money for 3 months maximun use.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Falken F452s about a year ago for my remapped audi a3. 225/40/18" wheels.

Honestly, I thought they were crap. In the wet they were just terrible, aqua planing was a massive issue and I nearly lost my car twice. Bad tram lining (although others say it isnt too bad) and terrible under heavy braking.

If you have a car with mucho bhp and torque....you will literally shred these budget tyres. Mine lasted 4 months. They are too soft and wear down very quickly. The traction in dry wasn't too great either. High speed cornering felt like my tyres were coming off the rims and felt very very rough. In fact they were massively detrimental to my car's performance.

I still have falkens on my rear tyres (front wheel drive) but michelin pilot sport 2(extra load versions) on my front. falkens on the back have hardly any wear and will do for now...I've never lost the back end (by accident anyway lol)

And my car feels a million times better with michelins...you can abuse it through the bends and the tyres are very forgiving. I used to just wheel spin off the line but I can actually put the power down now.

With michelins, the car grips better in the wet than the falkens did in the dry!!! At the end of the day, falkens are budget tyres. better budget tyres...but still budget.

You get what you pay for. The michelins were over £100 each and I can now rag the bollocks off my car in the knowledge that it won't lose grip. It feels like a different car with the proper tyres on.

If you have a standard car with no remap etc then I would say falkens aren't too bad for the price....but if you wanna go fast and be safe...you gotta pay the price and boy its worth it :grin:

trust me on this...the michelins are 100 times better. wet and dry. sure you can buy cheap tyres that will get you about. but you will quickly get frustrated with them. cheap tryres are false economy.

Edited by Olly A3

I've done a few miles with the F452's and to be honest find them excellent. Compared to the Conti SC2's they are far quieter, grip very well and have given me a bit more enthusiasm towards the S3. In fact these last few days in the wet I've been as sure footed as I could have possibly wished for.

I'm not sure I'd have fitted them to the Porker or M3, but on the S3 with Quattro and only c300 bhp they are MORE than capable.

+++