In-Car DVR (record those accidents or vandals

Just got my hands on an In-Car DVR to test from one of my suppilers.

It's nice and compact and has continuous recording to an Micro SDHC card. It records audio and also displays the time and date on playback. Useful for other applications too. Its manufactured by a company called Eurekaplus based in Singapore.

MARC Car Camera Recorder Mega-pixel System - EurekaPlus

If you need any more information PM me.

I've fitted similar things for taxi drivers.. PM me some information if you don't mind, I could have a market for something like that.

Cheers

Not your problem shark I know (It's down to the driver), and not sure what systems your fitting, but any recording device fitted to a taxi or private hire vehicle must be approved by the local council, and no one other than a police officer or authorised agent of the council can have access to the audio/video stored on the device.

These are UK wide regulations set by government, the punishment for non compliance can be quite severe!

This is useful reading for anyone who contemplates installing and using CCTV to prevent crime (no matter where it is fitted). It outlines all aspects of the use and disclosure of CCTV footage.

ico_Code%20of%20Practice_cctvfinal_2301[1].pdf

There is no section that says that CCTV systems must be authorised by the Police or Local Authorities. I know this, as i was one of the consultants that wrote it for the Home Office.

Here's is the document relating to CCTV within Hackney Carriages and PHV's not written by me tho.

cctv_guidelines_dec_08[1].pdf

Edited by Cockney Boy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There do come with a handle bar mount but I wouldn't put it on a bike. Not IP rated either. If your looking for a bike cam then go with the Action Cam as they have a HD version

Any suitable for a motorbike e.g. either waterproof or if they haven't do they have a separate bullet cam ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...