BMW Roadside Assistance

Mollox

I'm not exactly happy here...

So the M3 seems to have developed a misfire and/or is running very flat. Either way its not right. It may well be a bad batch of fuel, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. As I was working from home this morning I called my local dealer and asked to bring it over, have then run it up the road, plug it in etc and give me some sort of opinion.

Their answer was that the earliest they could look at it was 4th January - which is obviously not great - and when I asked if they could do anything sooner they advised me to call Roadside Assistance who'd come out and have a look for me, do diagnostics etc.

Have just got off the phone to them (after god knows how many attempts and being on hold) only to be told that, no, they won't come out to me as there's no lights on the dash and the car isn't "immobilised".

When I pointed out that I'm being bounced about and not getting a solution from anyone they told me I should have driven it into the dealers as they have an obligation to look at anything that drives in. Great, I'm obviously not working from home tomorrow....and what if the problem is serious...should I really be driving it etc etc

This just seems rubbish to me. I'm no prima donna but that car wasn't cheap and to be honest I do expect a little bit of "clicky-fingers, we come running" rather than being told to basically sod off as "its not our problem".

Am I being unreasonable?

I'd be giving them hell if that was me.

I just don't know why 'Premium' car makers keep not stepping up to the plate when it comes to service. As you say you have spent a fortune and want the service that deserves.

IMO I'd got to another dealer and get the car looked at if one isn't far away.

Give roadside assist a call back tomorrow and say the engine management light on the dash is shining brightly and when they arrive, just say it keeps going on/off, if they choose to ask, before they plug diagnostics in

The other thing you could do is actually drive it and stop worrying about petrol costs :blah: , seriously going out for a bit of blast might clear things up, either way it will fix it or definately require the services of BMW assist

Someone suggested saying I thought I could smell fuel. Should have thought of that...

Last night I was fuming and ready to write to/scream at BMW but having slept on it I'm a little calmer. I must be getting old. I went to school with my local service manager and, to be fair, he looks after me. Unfortunately he's on holiday and a letter will probably only come back and bite him for something he didn't do. I'm off for a week tomorrow anyway so will email him and ask him to deal with asap when I get back. I'm too nice.

I must be getting old. I went to school with my local service manager and, to be fair, he looks after me. Unfortunately he's on holiday and a letter will probably only come back and bite him for something he didn't do. I'm off for a week tomorrow anyway so will email him and ask him to deal with asap when I get back. I'm too nice.

Nowt wrong with that, often hear people saying things like "it's the people who shout loudest get what they want" and similar things, and maybe in an isolated incident, it could be true, but to build up a proper relationship and truly recieve good service, you have to consider other peoples positions, and not get all shouty!

I personally believe you'll be better looked after for it.