Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaimuncho

help buying used gti

2 posts in this topic

hi!

my name is Jaime, i'm from Chile, Sout America, first of all sorry for my bad english :o .

i'm finally sold my old nissan primera and i want a golf gti mkV, unfurtanally here in chile only arrive 40 unit of mkV, that's because vw have a factory on brazil and untill 2007 they still under producction the gti mkIV and they sellit as new. the year 2008 the mkV arrive for "try" to sell this car in the Chilean market and was and instant hit here in Chile, they planing to bring the new mkVI the next year, so it0s a bit difficult to find a used gti mkV, but i found one, this is the link is you want to see them http://www.chileautos.cl/auto.asp?codauto=1279363

so, for what i need help?

1. the car have aprox 33.000 milles (56.000 kms), i have be worried for that?

2. what should i look when i went to see it the next week? any particular place or stuff in the car?

i really apreciate any help you can give me

cheers

Jaime B.

Hi mate and welcome.

Had a quick look and going from what i can see on the pictures, it has a nice specification with Xenon headlights, leather, DSG and the highline computer (or D.I.S as its called which is the drivers display), all the nice haves in the UK market.

All i can advise you is that 33K miles is absoulty fine, theres many of us with far more and had no problems. My own is an 07 with 29K and i have had no major issues at all, only minor things which are mainly down to me being over fussy.

Check the service history, over here GTIs are either on "time and distance" which is basically when the car tells you it needs to be serviced or at 2 yrs whichever is sooner. Or if you dont do big miles others are on the "Time" based service which is basically every year or 10-12k miles.

Golfs are pretty reliable and tough cars, just check for the usual things i.e accident damage etc.

The GTIs are great cars, this is my first and i can't imagine ill not be buying more of them in the future, good luck and let us know how you get on

cheers

Paul