Golf Stereo Help Please!

Ace87

Hey hey, I'm being a right noob here can someone help me out?

I have a MK4 golf that I bought as a replacement for my beloved MK4 GTi which was run off the road by some idiot, the day I finished all the bodywork repairs/modifications I'd been carrying out :( (very tasteful might I add, added induction kit, new bumpers as old ones were a bit dented, new wing mirrors, debadged tailgate, new rear lights, resprayed alloys)

Anyway, this new one I have came with the standard stereo, I have a Kenwood headunit I got out of the old one as well as my sub and kenwood speakers which I'd like to put in but I can't get it to work?

The old one was pretty easy to remove (insert small lady hands into tape slot, pull and then unwire) and I wired up the new one exactly the same way as I did in the old car, slot it back in and all it will do is eject? Tried my friends JVC and the same thing happened? Both fuses in the headunits are in tact and I checked the wiring diagrams a billion times.

Can someone offer any suggestions? I can't cope with Radio 1 anymore! I thought it was the headunit at first but obviously it's not now I've tried another?

Thanks in advance!

Ali :)

Yup, this rings a bell.

I had a MkIV from new 8 years ago or so.

I recall that that the Sony cd receiver was incorrectly wired by the dealer.

Something that it was the reverse to normal cars - sorry I can't be more clearer!

A black wire and a red wire was involved I think - when I turned the ignition off, the pre-sets were lost every time.

I hope this helps.

Good luck, Ludwig