Buying an X5

balboni

Hi - Need to find a really *really really* well specced X5, 35d SE.

I cannot find one though and am thinking of buying a new one.

How much discount should I be achieving in today's market from BMW?

Just for info, the X5 lists at circa 60K.

Also, if you know anyone selling an X5 with most options ticked, then feel free to PM me.

The current one has been out about three years so I don't think a replacement is due any time soon. I want to get a used one but am very fussy about colour, as the X5 is quite colour sensitive vehicle.

I have spoken to one dealer who has already offered just shy of 10% straight off the bat.

Thing is I am also lookin for a 1 series convertible so am hoping this puts me in a good position to acheive an excellent deal, but am not sure how deep a discount I should settle with. I was thinking around 12-13%.

Is this realistic? Has anyone done better?

I cant comment so much on BMW, my last trip to an Audi dealer revealed a much less then 10% discount however, I seem to recall that dealers were being offered better deals from manufacturers though and if 10% straight off is being offered you surely would be able to get that to nearer 12% I would have thought.

When I was looking at A6 this time last year I was offered 14.7% (or there abouts) but now cars are made to order I guess they can be slightly less aggresive with the discounts.

Is there any benefits to hanging on til near end of next month when the REG changes?

Good luck with the searching tho.

Tone

I will be looking at 6 weeks lead time till delivery or thereabouts. Timing wise it looks like I will put the order in towards the end of January so that coincides with the registration change.

Not sure where to order from though. I have spoken to two dealerships already and have not been impressed with aspects of service and knowledge of the product.

Any recommendations welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I pulled the trigger on the X5.

I wanted to get a fully specced anniversary edition as it just looks superb with the paint and leather combination. However it isn't available with 7 seats :-(

So I have opted for a X35d M Sport in carbon black. One thing I specified was sports suspension deletion as I thought it was far too firm for that type of vehicle. However it still has 20" rims with run flats.

Can I specify non runflats? If so what happens in the event of a blowout?

I don't think you can specify non run flats fella.

PM Gareth, he is your BMW insider on here. He's sourced a couple of cars for friends of mine and always come up trumps.

I agree on service - it's very hard to find a good BMW dealer these days, very hard.

My local dealer (Sytner Chigwell) are far from good. I tend to go way outside of London to secure a deal. My last two new cars were bought over 150 miles away!