[Audi A3/S3] New S3 announced - early 2005

Colin M

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like it to be a bit more extreem than that, i dont like the S4 with its over discreatness. The RS4, now that was a beefy looking car. Id like the new S3 to really stand out more, and defo be able to compete at a higher scale than the likes of the R32, and the rst of the super hatches beerchug.gif

The only things i dont like about my car are , lights, brakes and lack of power.

Thats the only areas the new S3 needs to excel in my opion of being a superior car in the hatch market, although it already is it could excel further.

The S3 165kw is definately under power, and needs more like 300hp to be really what it COULD be.

[ QUOTE ]

it was the RS3 which was discussed to be 350bhp...

[/ QUOTE ] The RS3 is probably never going to happen. frown.gif

The new RS4 production begin`s in 2005 and that will see the production line running for about 24months, if a RS3 is to be made it wont be cheap looking at the pricing for the A3 3.2, S3 etc.

The A3 3.2 Quattro is very expensive, putting the new S3 well over the 30k mark which is alittle overpriced for a hatch in my opinion, also it will be another car produced in large numbers..... which im not too keen on anymore.

I`ve gone for a R32 because Audi no longer has a car that meets my requirements.

The RS3 would have been ideal! frown.gif

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Good news, Sport Import will resume business provided I can offer at least £2k savings and prompt deliveries compared to UK dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

coincidentally i've just been running that thought through my mind.. If it is over 30k then that is too much for a smallish HP car built in large volumes. If i'm in the market for this, I'd be looking to pay 26/27k import price. my current one cost 23.6k via Colin admittedly when the Pound bought more euros.

[ QUOTE ]

hey Riz, you may like limited number cars, but we will be 40bhp + up on your out-of-date R32 which is already beginning the slippery depreciation slide.

Shame about lack of turbos though! however as you say, no replacement for displacement eh laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just pay an extra k and get the stage 2 to take you between 270/80bhp/lbs wink.gif

:

Remember your own slating review riz wink.giftongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Went today to a VW dealer to look at a Golf R32..... obviously i had high hope`s as its `supposedly a better car` compared to the old dog (S3)...... but i cant seem to see what all the fuss was about...... all credit to the sales rep as he tried very hard to tempt me to make the move to the R32..... first impressions were not what i expected..... cheapy BMW type plasticy leather... not even electric..... standard wheel arches, grill`s, mirror as base models...... and i thought lets here the beast..... he rev`ed it very hard but its wasnt really that loud and nowhere like a M3...... i didnt bother asking him for a test drive and just told him i wouldnt get insured and walked away.

If the car doesnt give me that special feel right from setting eyes on it then im not intrested..... it may out performe and out handle the S3 etc but its noway a classier motor car...... even the front side lower grills where fake.... poo!

There nothing that really sparkles about the R32..... didnt do it for me and am glad to keep my S3 another few years.....

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

hey Woppum, you're right there, but you're still be running around in an out-of-date car, and I bet you're be wanting something else (newer!) - just like me now. Same goes I'd expect - I'd bet that we can squeeze some more juice out of this engine for 1k - who knows with this new FSi stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

hey Woppum, you're right there, but you're still be running around in an out-of-date car, and I bet you're be wanting something else (newer!) - just like me now. Same goes I'd expect - I'd bet that we can squeeze some more juice out of this engine for 1k - who knows with this new FSi stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of date is one way of looking at it. A vintage time piece of excellence, demonstrating VW's fincest piece of work ever, is another!!! Audi may have the brand name, the smoother lines.. possibly better performance, but it wouldnt be my bluebottle.

Anyway, at the end of the day, by the time the S3 comes out... Mid 2005? 2006, i may be thinking of a new car, where that could be on the table, or the new M4 could.. It really depends on where i am and what i am doing, and wether Bangle is dead or not beerchug.gif

Hey, many times I have thought "I could do with a change" then I look through the mags and Autotrader and every time I end up with the same conclusion!

""" I takes a lot to beat my S3 """

for the money I am very happy with my car!! and I haven't even chipped her yet, although that will be done soon smile.gif.

I am still getting to know her after 2.5 years of motoring and she can still surprise me...

By the way, I have tried various pads and the best brake pads for the S3 IMHO are Pagid Fast Road Pads, they solved all my braking issues with the S3 and I am pretty fussy.

just thought I would add my thoughts guys and gals...

Well im happy with the R32, i`ve already explained why ive moved over to a VW so why give me a hard time.

If it wasnt for the fact i want to quit my job i would have held onto the S3 for a few more years but i cant put up with the cr@p anymore......

Until Audi pull their finger out my money wont be heading their way......... dealers have been ok.

In my opinion the whole VAG branding needs a big kick up the @rse!

VW making a R32.... ok its got 240bhp, so what........ there will always be bigger and better cars about in years to come.

I`m happy with my choice and will try out a N/A engine....... smile.gif

If anybody has a problem with my choice of car...... the_finger.gif at the end of the day...... its a R32!

S3 = Classy image.

R32 = Bling Bling image.

Ahhhhhh **Bling Bling**

Riz beerchug.gif

Not just bling bling.... BETTER, its a VW laugh.gif

You are not gonna find the R32 underpowerd, it will be faster, and more usable than your old S3, let alone more fun. If you wanna be cheaky and get the one click and not tell the insurance, there is not an S3 on the planet which could beat you.. even a chipped on i recon would have a hard time. GO for stage 2, and its just good bye S3... and boys hopefully that will go for the new one to.... At least untill i do a Riz and decide i want one grin.gif

beerchug.gif

Oh and by the way..... S3 will come out in 2005/6.... 280bhp FSi yadda yadda.....

R36 will come out after that the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Look likes the VW R Golf`s branding will always have a hotter car to come out after the Audi S3`s!

VW are taking over and the Audi brand is losing rep.... RS cars a the ones to go for...;)

Riz beerchug.gif

p.s. and if anybody still has a problem heres some more the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif