Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty

270 feet jump in a car !!!

20 posts in this topic

He's mad on a bike and just as mad in a car! :eek:+++

eIfYbqw3QCM

Impressive!

I get the feeling he ran out of landing strip!

Very impressive!

And this is living proof that smaller landing strips aren't always better :roflmao:

fantastic on a bike and hate the fact he is also awsome in a rally car. nutter!

I love Travis... Nitro Circus is the funniest most awesome program... Not only that he is not just a stunt monkey... He's a serious seriously good bike rider.... National Championship/World standard. Came 7th in the Erzberg when he tried it. 1st to do a double back flip I think.... He's a serious nutter.... anyone see that bike jump in to Grand Canyon he did ? He's mad.

Executed absolutely perfectly. Now that is impressive.

fantastic on a bike and hate the fact he is also awsome in a rally car. nutter!

The bikes and cars don't make him a nutter.

This does :eek:

:roflmao:

mXQ1qEh9ar8

Just don't get it I'm afraid, I understand the jumping cars etc, as it's all worked out and calculated to be pretty safe, but skydiving with no parachute?

You've gotta have a seriously sad and boring life to put yourself at risk like that to get your thrills, same with most 'extreme' sports.

:grin: Travis doing what he does best..... +++

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbMtNUSZnw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbMtNUSZnw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You've gotta have a seriously sad and boring life to put yourself at risk like that to get your thrills, same with most 'extreme' sports.

You're joking :confused:

Scuba, sky diving, mountain biking, bmx'ing, all considered extreme sports - and ye gods do you get a rush from most of them. Probably wouldn't do it with my chute though :grin:

Boring? Hardly. What's the choice? Sit at home watching coronation street moaning about how good everything used to be :P

What?? I would say the complete opposite and that's not because I participate in one either. Extreme sports are seriously thrilling and the danger element is all part of the attraction, but it does not, by any means, mean that the individual seeking such excitement has a sad and boring life. What a crazy statement Tipex :( I do downhill mountain biking, which involves riding down a man made and natural mountain trail which is treacherous, full of rocks, roots, trees, jumps etc as fast as I possibly can. The buzz is mind blowing. Even after a big off, as long as there's nothing broken, it's back on the bike. I can assure you I have a very happy home life, am not sad or depressed and am, as far as I am aware very healthy +++

Scuba diving or riding a bike downhill isn't 'extreme' I used to do that when I was 12, I'm talking about the stuff that is just plain stupid, like skydiving without a parachute.

There really does have to be something missing from your life if you have to get your thrills that way, sorry but thats how I see it.

Most of us do dangerous things when we are kids, but we grow up, have families and responsibilities and decide we actually quite like our lives, there's nothing boring about my life, I'm very happy, and I don't need to throw myself out of an airplane without a parachute to prove it!

Scuba diving or riding a bike downhill isn't 'extreme' I used to do that when I was 12

Where did you used to ride DH, Tipex? Riding down Butt's Brow on a Grifter isn't DH MTB'ing ;)

You're right! Doing it on a Grifter in shorts and t-shirt with no helmet is much more hardcore :P

Scuba diving to 60 metres on TriMix well inside am upturned hull ain't exactly something you can do when you're 12 either.

Where did you used to ride DH, Tipex? Riding down Butt's Brow on a Grifter isn't DH MTB'ing ;)

Lol, All over the south downs basically, and as Scotty says (though on a BMX), with no poof pads or helmets or power ranger suits is far more extreme! :P

Lol, All over the south downs basically, and as Scotty says (though on a BMX), with no poof pads or helmets or power ranger suits is far more extreme! :P

With all due respect to East Sussex (and I am from there), the South Downs are hardly MTB (or more specifically) DH hardcore are they now :roflmao: They're very XC-worthy, but barely reach 700' above sea level! Not really DH-worthy. World Cup level DH has evolved since it's arrival in '93/'94 and is now one tough, extreme sport. Here's a wee 2 minute taster. As you'll see, it's a bit more manly and it's how the big boys play nowadays :grin::P

The Best of MTB World Cup 2009 | Finally Trailer // Mountain Biking Videos

Edited by JonC

There's a line in the 1936 film 'Things to Come' where the hero says "the best of life lies closest to the edge of death".

I think there's a lot of truth in that. I get a big thrill out of riding my motorbike fast, maybe because of the element of danger (I know that's not in the same league as skydiving without a parachute!).

There's also William Blake's:

“The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough.”

Which I'm not sure is entirely relevant here but I've always loved it :P