AudiPartner

Find me an RS6!

82 posts in this topic

It was only 2 weeks ago when I decided I wanted an RS6 Avant, and thought I was in no rush, I'll get one in the next few months...

Pup's having her 2nd jab next week and then she can go out. So what am I waiting for?? (Note I talk like I have a need and not a want for an RS6 - ha!!).

Have trawled the classifieds, but as we know the RS6 isn't exactly a Ford Focus - there aren't that many about. Anyway, I'm prepared to spend between 15 and 20k, but as ever, looking for good value to minimise loss. Aren't we all?

Preference is Avus Silver, then Daytona grey, then Murgello blue, and then Misano red. Prefer light grey/silver/cream leather, if not black, but must be piped.

Mileage doesn't bother me, provided its under 70-80k. 40-50k would be ideal. Preferably one that has seen recent discs, service etc. I wanted one with a warranty, but having discovered its £1700/year I've decided thats no longer a requirement.

I've seen a nice grey one on PH for £21750 which I'd snap up if he'd take £18k, and also a sprint blue Plus model, but he wants £24k for that. I could stretch to that, but not sure its worth it (to me).

Cheers guys.

You will never get your RS6 with those figures in mind.

It was only 2 weeks ago when I decided I wanted an RS6 Avant, and thought I was in no rush, I'll get one in the next few months...

Pup's having her 2nd jab next week and then she can go out. So what am I waiting for?? (Note I talk like I have a need and not a want for an RS6 - ha!!).

Have trawled the classifieds, but as we know the RS6 isn't exactly a Ford Focus - there aren't that many about. Anyway, I'm prepared to spend between 15 and 20k, but as ever, looking for good value to minimise loss. Aren't we all?

Preference is Avus Silver, then Daytona grey, then Murgello blue, and then Misano red. Prefer light grey/silver/cream leather, if not black, but must be piped.

Mileage doesn't bother me, provided its under 70-80k. 40-50k would be ideal. Preferably one that has seen recent discs, service etc. I wanted one with a warranty, but having discovered its £1700/year I've decided thats no longer a requirement.

I've seen a nice grey one on PH for £21750 which I'd snap up if he'd take £18k, and also a sprint blue Plus model, but he wants £24k for that. I could stretch to that, but not sure its worth it (to me).

Cheers guys.

That's a really good budget for an RS 6 actuly, I will keep a look out +++

There's a 05 49k RS 6 Avant at Lincoln Audi. £21,995 but it is one of the very last RS 6s made. Possibly a plus? Although it doesn't say in the advert. It will already have the all important Audi warranty and they should hopefully knock some off that price...

I'm sure there are a few over on the rs246.com site currently for sale, worth a look +++

There's a 05 49k RS 6 Avant at Lincoln Audi. £21,995 but it is one of the very last RS 6s made. Possibly a plus? Although it doesn't say in the advert. It will already have the all important Audi warranty and they should hopefully knock some off that price...

Yeah, spotted that one - thanks mate. Not a Plus by the way. For the money its not bad, given that its Approved Used etc, but for that money I'd want my first choice of colour; Avus silver. Cheers anyway.

But it was sold a while ago?

Precisely, it sold. Because it was a fair asking price. He had it advertised on RS246 for quite some time, reducing it and reducing it until it sold.

So basically its a example of what is out there and at what price they're being sold. I hope to get one within budget.

There's a 05 49k RS 6 Avant at Lincoln Audi. £21,995 but it is one of the very last RS 6s made

And for that reason alone, that's a good buy waiting to happen, especially if you can knock the price down +++

Not sure if you would be interested but a B7 RS 4 Avant can be had for around £28k, they are a lot more modern and the DRC warranty on them has been extended to 5 years now.

When you do go for the RS6 what will you be doing with your D2? I may have someone interested in it. It is a really highly specified motor.

I'm not sure how the below pic of my S8 with the RS 6 Avant will help you in anyway, but any excuse to post a pic of my car :grin:

AmarS8_2009_10_17_40_.jpg

Lovely pic mate, no excuse needed!

The A8 will be going so yeah, if you have someone interested please let them know it will be up for grabs. Will make a good car for someone having just had cambelt service and front disc/pads. I'm looking to buy ASAP so size them up by all means mate. The A8 will be sold after I have bought the RS6.

Just a note on the leather - silver stains quite easily from dark blue jeans on warm days when you get a bit damp down there. :o

That's why I had black leather/alcantara! :grin:

Adam, could you please send me the spec and recent pics of your car? Pics with it lowered please as I reckon the pics of it on SE suspension will put him off!

Edited by SINGH

No problem - will get info/pics sent over.

No worries about that RS6 - its a bit too boy'd up for me!! Interesting though...

Ok, have found a couple to view - just weighing up the price of both and want some opinions. The first is a 52 reg with just over 70k miles. Seems to be in good shape, with DRC having been replaced with coilovers. This can be had for £15k. Bargain. I know little about this car at this stage. Its had discs and cambelt recently (ish) but will need both again in the next 10-15k miles.

The second is a 54 reg, mint car with less than 40k miles, full DRC just replaced under warranty, discs and cambelt very recently and a Miltek exhaust. Problem is he wants just over £20k. Is this £5k more of car though?? I suspect it may be, just hard to justify spending a third more, on ultimately the same car!

What you saying boys? Having read it through I think I have found my answer - but am I right?

If you are intending on keeping it then I would go for the later car, but if you think you will be selling in a year or so then probably the cheaper one. Reasons - you may not need to spend the money you are budgeting for on the older one & depreciation in the 1st year will be less as car is older. Don't forget as well as the cost of the work there is the time off work to have it done/hassle etc. but on the plus side you could upgrade brakes etc. at the same time if you wanted to.

Just stumbled across my old thread!! I didnt buy the RS6. I think I bought a Q7 instead!

Anyway, now I want an RS6. But the newer model (now the old model - story of my life!). Budget £25-30k.

Get a warranty! I love the RS6. A beast of a car.

I got taken to Goodwood in an RS4 on Sunday. Jeeeesus Christ that thing is mental. It sounds insane when you hoon it. I would last a week before Mr Points visited Mr Licence.

As long as that..?! :P

Smudge is selling his white RS4 to get an RS6 - RS4 isn't quick enough :roflmao:

I loved the RS4 noise, but it didnt feel as quick as the RS3, it just seemed to lack the urgency that came with turbocharging. ( Id still have one though for the noise in Sports mode. The gear shift blips are addictive)

The 4.0 TFSI RS6 is a weapon. I would happily have one on my drive if it would fit.

1 person likes this

At 25-30k it must be the V10 monster he's looking at not the TFSI?

indeed, V10. Can't afford the latest one.

Yes, I will have a warranty!!!! I'm not that brave/stupid!

1 person likes this

Blimey, they do go for little cash!  £25K for an 08 reg with 70K on the clock!  :o