AudiPartner

Find me an RS6!

82 posts in this topic

He's probably at a Shell garage.  Shall I give Adam a nudge?   +++

Blimey Ian, you weren't wrong...

Hi chaps, sorry about that.

Having had two children in as many years I don't spend much time on the forums these days but you all know I'm a long term member popping back from time to time. I wish I could input more, I wish I had more time for a lot of things. 

I have been chatting to a chap on the RS forums who asked me to post up some pics, so I did. I've not yet had the car a week, and it was filthy after the drive home from Huddersfield. 

And lets face it, with the odd exception you guys weren't overly enthusiastic about my choice so why the desperate need to be kept up to date? Don't get me wrong, it's a pleasure to share, which given time I would have done, but please cut me some slack.

1 person likes this

And lets face it, with the odd exception you guys weren't overly enthusiastic about my choice so why the desperate need to be kept up to date? Don't get me wrong, it's a pleasure to share, which given time I would have done, but please cut me some slack.

I think you've complete misread the difference between another member thinking a car is a very special car and offering well intentioned advice. 

I do so because I have fallen foul of bad advice in the past when people big up anything and everything instead of giving honest advice.  It doesn't mean I think it is a bad car, far from it.  It is one of the few Audi's I'd buy (once I'd considered the running costs) if it was fit for my purpose at the time.  I mentioned a 911 because it is a performance car that is reasonably affordable to run and therefore potentially comparable, not because I think the RS6 is a bad car.

The RS6 is a superb car and I'm pleased you've found what looks like a very nice example of it.

I think you've complete misread the difference between another member thinking a car is a very special car and offering well intentioned advice. 

I do so because I have fallen foul of bad advice in the past when people big up anything and everything instead of giving honest advice.  It doesn't mean I think it is a bad car, far from it.  It is one of the few Audi's I'd buy (once I'd considered the running costs) if it was fit for my purpose at the time.  I mentioned a 911 because it is a performance car that is reasonably affordable to run and therefore potentially comparable, not because I think the RS6 is a bad car.

The RS6 is a superb car and I'm pleased you've found what looks like a very nice example of it.

Cheers Meme. I think perhaps I misunderstood what you said previously; I thought you suggested it was expensive for an old car. That might be my fault not reading properly. Always in a rush!!!

Cheers Meme. I think perhaps I misunderstood what you said previously; I thought you suggested it was expensive for an old car. That might be my fault not reading properly. Always in a rush!!!

No, I do think it is (generic "it", not just your car, I mean the RS6 in general) expensive for the age - but ultimately the market and demand dictates these things.+++

What I was saying was that I think a 911 of similar age represents much better value for money.  That doesn't mean the RS6 isn't "worth" the price though.  At the end of the day, a car is worth what people pay for it - and people are clearly paying that kind of money for the RS6.

I remember when I got my 911 Turbo. Good times. Being in a big estate car, with that same power though is kind of surreal.

£30k or slightly less buys a C6 RS6, but the new model, used, is twice that price.

The difference is the C7 doesn't look like an old car!! 

The old models always look like old carts!

When I had my Audi V8, the D2 A8 looked utterly fab. 

So I got one.  Then the D3 appeared and after a while it grew on me, so I have one.

Now they are on the D5 (or D4.5) and although I am not itching to change, the thought is at the back of my mind.....