[Audi A3/S3] DV failure symptoms?

bigjock85

Possible indicators:

But not limited to "just" the DV, it could also be a leak elsewhere

Lack of boost

Fluttering noises on boost

Whistling noises on boost

Vag com/VCDS errors such as 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

DVs are circa £30 quid so it would not harm to change it before delving deeper. The hardest part will be cutting off the one use Audi clips if it has not been changed before.

hmm interesting i have been hearing a bit more of a release of pressure if i go for it and radio is off.

would a failing D.V cause a stuttering of power, as ive had an issue at 2k rpm which seems to be getting worse and worse. im thinking its not a remap issue as it wouldnt get worse, and the did suggest upgrading to a forge d.v, but said wasnt nessecary!

on side note anyone know how much road tax is for the S3 now, as thats due soon :s

I do not think it would cause an issue as low as 2K rpm as the turbo is not fully spooled/boosting by then, it may be something else. :confused:

I run a aftermarket DV, but mainly because its more robust and i can take it apart and reseal it if necessary. Many people run with the oem DV, albeit the later versions as the first few were weak.

My road tax was £210/215 iirc last year. (2003 S3)