Wheel Refurbishment

avantissimo

I've got 19" rims on my A6 3.0Tdi quattro - they are the Le Mans wheels.

Because the type side wall is crap (i.e there isn't any!), there is no protection from kerbing whatsoever and although I've been very careful, some idiot driver in a tractor forced me into the kerb the other day damaging the outside wheel rims on the passenger side of the car.

I took it to 'Chips Away' in Coventry who on the face of it repaired them very well, but only a few weeks later and the paint has flaked off. And, to make it worse, they hand't cleaned the wheel properly before the repair so when they laquered it, they laquered over the top of the dirt inside the rim which is now baked on.

What I really want is to get them refurbished properly so the paint is oven baked.

Can anyone suggest somwhere in the Warwick / Coventry area that does a decent job of wheel refurbishment?

My feeling is they need stripping down and doing properly. I'm never taking anything to Chips Away again.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Hi buddy. Take a trip to Lap Tab in Birmingham, they are based right by Spaghetti Junction. They have a fantastic reputation and I used them myself just before Christmas. The job they did was top notch and they are really nice people to boot.

Their website is here and the guys name is Mike. +++