Newby - MFSW A4 S line

alexhill7

Hi there,

I have been doing various web searches and it keeps taking me to Tyresmoke, it seems Shark90 is the man too help, but any comments would be appreciated

I have recently purchased an Audi A4 S line - 2.0 TDI (140).

It has a MFSW but to my dissapointment has 2 button fuctions ( phone & mode) which don't work!

I am interested in the following:

• Installing phone kit - i have an iphone would this work thro bluetooth?
  • installing computer function - I have no function button on my washer stalk to activate computer, interested to know can i make the computer function work,is this what people refer to as DIS?
  • installing Cruise control

I realise all this has probably been covered before, if anyone can point me in the right dirrection i would appreciate it!

I am keen to get the original car functions working, it's annoying they missed it all off the s line specs!

By the way i notice some threads have another thread link for pictures, how do i access them?

Thanks

Alex

Thanks for the reply!

I'm quite hands on and was originally going to try these things myself, but looking thro the Tyresmoke pages the installations can be quite long winded first time round and they have to be finalised with computer software if i'm correct, therefore would you advise i have the installations done by experienced people?

I have been quoted around £300 for both the computer and cruise function, which i thought was reasonable.

And i think it was £370 for the original audi phone kit, which i thought was pricey, am i better going for a parrot bluetooth?

I'm keen to know what people who have done these installations think?

one more question, what's the best way to use my iphone to play the music through my Audi concert sterio? fm sender?

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards

Alex

When you get it working the Mode button doesn't do much - it just switches between Phone and whatever you were listening to, it doesn't switch between radio, CD, etc...

It doesn't, but if he's getting the OEM phone kit, then the SDS High conversion is pretty simple (or cheap) and he can do all of that via voice controls.

Hi there,

I have been doing various web searches and it keeps taking me to Tyresmoke, it seems Shark90 is the man too help, but any comments would be appreciated

I have recently purchased an Audi A4 S line - 2.0 TDI (140).

It has a MFSW but to my dissapointment has 2 button fuctions ( phone & mode) which don't work!

I am interested in the following:

• Installing phone kit - i have an iphone would this work thro bluetooth?
  • installing computer function - I have no function button on my washer stalk to activate computer, interested to know can i make the computer function work,is this what people refer to as DIS?

1) OEM Audi kits work with all Nokias (that I know of) and very well (fast sync speed) with the iPhone, but struggled to sync the phonebook with my HTP Touch (although the basic phone function still worked), but I normally just use a Nokia 6700 now as battery life is a priority, which works beautifully.

2) most people refer to the "DIS" as the screen itself, and "Full DIS" is the toggle and button on the stalk which gives you the extra info (avg mpg, etc).

Edited by LostBok

It doesn't, but if he's getting the OEM phone kit, then the SDS High conversion is pretty simple (or cheap) and he can do all of that via voice controls.

Except switch to the SD cards on the RNS-E - even the SDS versions of the 2010 RNS-E don't offer a voice command for that. In fact the 2010 RNS-E SDS uses the SAME SDS data files as the previous RNS-E did.

Except switch to the SD cards on the RNS-E - even the SDS versions of the 2010 RNS-E don't offer a voice command for that. In fact the 2010 RNS-E SDS uses the SAME SDS data files as the previous RNS-E did.

Agreed - it doesn't do that - it is stupidly fiddly: you have to say "CD" - then hit the Source & Drives buttons - I've just about rememebred mine again now, but when I had the software updated on mine, it shuffled the menu's around so my the default button presses changed: used to be a very easy "top right" - "top right"....

Sad to hear they didn't bother fixing that on the latest update: I can understand why MP3 wasn't at the forefront of the designers thoughts, but you'd think they'd realise it needed fixing by 2010!

I assume the MMI is better? My dad doesn't have the phone prep in his A6, so I've not had a chance to try out the SDS on an MMI system.