Newbie help required!

vendee3012

just purchased a nice 2003 A4 cab and whilst all is well in general couple of problems that I need help or advice with

Firstly the demist will not work properly in that if you take the system off auto and try and blast hot air up the screen nothing happens! - otherwise it seems ok as in the cabin warms up nicely (cant seem to get warm air to feet and cold air to face combo either?)

secondly not sure what sort of radio/CD/SATNAV i have although its all audi fitted but the sound is awful! Ok i am not that fussy but I cannot believe the sound its like a cheap transitor radio (sorry showing age now..) for both radio and CD. I can fiddle with bass and treble and concert type setting but still crap - dont think its a bose as the speakers dont say so :( and all speakers work as I have tried fade and balance etc.

Finally the mileage is 72,000 and its well overdue a cambelt change I guess although the service book says at 80,000 miles but local dealer says it should be done at 5 years - anyways no sense in risking it but the dealers seem to charge a wide price variance - Watford Audi £800 (thats with water pump) stafford audi around £500 all in for same whats your experiance of these dealers please - thanks

Hi there

Dont know how much I can help, but if you purchased the car from a dealer, in the first instance, they will fix any problems under the Extended Warranty you will have with it.

Can you tell by any writing on the radio what it is? (maybe a photo?)

If it is Bose, I think Im right in saying that the Radio will say Bose on the screen during Start Up (speakers will also say it)

There is a chance that whoever had it before could have swapped speakers over?

Cambelt - cant help you with that, I have a chain on my S4

Probably doesnt help much, but its a reply!

Hi, what model do you have?

I have a 2003 A4 cab 3.0 V6. My car has a separate demist button that sends a blast of hot dry air onto the screen, works brilliantly - not sure if all models have this.

I have the standard radio CD (not Bose) and I find it excellent - plenty powerful enough and good sound quality. Sounds like you have a fault.

I had my cambelt change done last year by Stafford Audi and was very happy - I had to travel about 80 miles to get there but it was worth it for the price, and they lent me a decent courtesy car.

Clive

big thanks to both for reply - car was private purchace so caveat emporum! good call with the stafford dealer they will do cambelt, water pump, brake fluid change and a/c refresh for £200 less than audi watford will do for just belt and pump -bit of a trek but looks worth it

judging radio and cd against my x5 so maybe unfair but does sound odd - will check out demist button weekend!

ok back from stafford Audi - cambelt and and water pump done and a new moter for the central air distribution flap means demist is all good now Top marks to stafford as they replaced the broken glove box damper as well (FOC!) highly reccomended - OK a round trip of 200 miles but a saving of £300 all told (i regularly travel to Brum so not so bad) now about that annoying engine shunt between 1200 and 1600 revs and the leak in the boot - new thread coming...