My 1st R32 - Advice please

MKIV_R32

Hi, I am going to view my first R32 tomorrow and wanted to know what to look out for on them as i dont want to buy one that about to go......POP!!?

Its a Black 53 plate 3 door hatchback with 62K and PSH upto 45K.

If its in good nick and HPI clear what sort of price would it be worth?

Would appreciate all help!!

Thanks

:)

I know a few had cam chain issues but I would expect that to have affceted the car by now, top mounts also go but are cheap to replace, the little "pig tail" springs at the rear fail every couple of years but again cheap to fix. Brakes & suspension are the only other 2 things really - is a heavy car so brakes get a hard life & quite expensive so be sure to check these, mine did over 50k on std suspension so not sure how long that lasts (apart from the little rear springs...), drivers seat bolster will wear depending how carefully they get in/out the car & if full leather the seats will sag a bit. Mine was well looked after & the leather fed every 6 months or so & this was minimal + no more creaks & rattles than when new so shouldn't look tired.

Take your time to find a good one as there are plenty about & are good cars.

Liquid Leather is a great fix for small concentrated areas, but re-colonising the leather renews it beautifully. A friend has recently sold a 430 which, only after 2000 miles needed it's leather colonised in order to command a high selling price (along with stone chips and alloys). Looked like new afterwards.

My mate's just got back to me. His text says that he paid £160 and goes on to say that there was no bolster or outside edge work done, just the seat and the back section. I reckon you'd get it done easily within your budget +++