Bora : TDI Engine Shutdown Issues

Bora_Paul

Hi guy's

Was recommended here by a friend off another forum as you guy's seem to know stuff inside out so here goes...

I'm having a few trial's and tribulation's with my VW Bora 2001 PD TDI 115bhp (originally). Just for further info this car has had an engine transplant from a 115 PD to a 130 PD.

I keep having a few scares while driving and it's starting to make me worry. While doing around 60mph this morning the car seemed to suddenly loose power/throttle. Pressing it down did nothing but looking out the back window albeit through tint's, there was quite a bit smoke. Dropping a gear from 5th to 4th dropped the engine rev's to zero, the battery light came on, I dropped down to 3rd gear then it came back on with a surge of power, back into 4th with with no loss of power. The turbo was still whistling slightly and accelaration seemed fine. This then happened again about 1 mile down the road, sudden loss, then suddenly back on.

Tottled into work in normal city traffic and didnt happen again but am rather concerned if this happens again and I get stuck. I've VAGCOM'd the car and there doesnt appear to be any faults what so ever showing on the Engine 01 module. Checked at a garage it did bring up an error to do with the turbo intercooler pipework which has been repaired (this was another issue with limp mode which is now solved due to replacement pipework)

The bit I'm struggling with is the car when running right run's dam right, pull's solid, no limp mode/turbo shutdown, I can give it some stick so to speak and it responds perfectly fine so it wouldnt give me indication of a fuel pressure problem as surely flooring it through the gears would cause more bother than just sat steadily at 60-70mph in either 5th or 6th gear and shut's down then...but then comes back on and is fine.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!!!