6n2 1.4mpi polo

5charlie46

hi, new on here so bare with me lol not sure if i posting this in the right place so apologies if its wrong... i have a 2000 polo (6n2) its got the 8 value lump and is a fantastic daily driver but was wondering if there is an easy/cheap way of getting a bit more power as the 60bhp it currently has is a bit leisurely to be honest. would it be possible to stick 1.6 throttle bodies from the 8 value 1.6 polo (6n) on it or something along those lines?

thanks for your time

Charlie

Welcome to Tyresmoke +++

The 1.4 is a very un-tuneable engine. You could throw £1000 at it (exhuast, ported and polished head) and still only get 65bhp max, which you would never notice in terms of performance.

Best bet would be to save your money on modifying it and getting a quicker car instead.

btw is the 16v 1.4 75bhp any better as i have the option to purchase one pretty cheaply at the moment

I'd look at the total cost of changing and then decide. If it's just a daily hack I'd keep the stocker.

I alternate between one of two Passats (1.8T and 2.0TDI) and a Mk4 Polo (1.4TDI) as a daily commute, none of which have any great go, then have my toy for track-days :D