ronaldo9

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My brother has a remapped bmw 320d (2005)...manual...5 door

I have a remapped audi a3 2.0 tdi sport (2005)...manual...3 door

You can get over 200 bhp with both of them. My remap was from hyperchips.co.uk and only cost £300. My 2.0tdi is now faster than a new golf gti. trust me, you can get much more than 170 bhp.

In first and second gear, the BMW just about has it, probably because its rear wheel drive....2nd gear feels brutally fast!! but i'm talking milliseconds difference.

But as soon as the Audi gets in 3rd gear it leaves the BMW standing! It feels like you can get more out of the rev range in the audi whereas the bmw seems to fade away at 3000revs.....my A3 carries on just past 3000 which makes a big difference.it feels almost like there's a second turbo boost. There is literally no turbo lag in the A3 anymore you can hear the turbo constantly spooling!! sounds like a siren!

The a3 turbo sounds amazing with the new remap...but the BMW sounds like a tractor...but its a more sensible car in my opinion. the bmw sounds system is really bad. the a3 is like a mini nightclub!!

anyway, down to which is fastest:

the bmw manages 7 seconds (not very accurate, sorry) but the A3 does it fractionally faster. However, the 0-100 in the Audi is much better than the BMW...like I say the BMW fades away a bit but the Audi keeps going. I have to let off the accelerator when racing my brother proving the Audi has a better power delivery. Weight is also a factor too.

I'm not saying the BMW is a bad car. I prefer the handling of the BMW and its stiff chassis. The rear wheel drive is fun as well...if a little dangerous from time to time!! bmw engine is very reliable as well. he's done no work to it in 2 years...and thats 2 years of abuse haha

Trust me man...dont let your mates BMW be faster....you can make the 2.0 tdi insane. There are lots of weak remaps about so watch it!

My first remap was crap and only got 170 bhp which was fast yeah, but it felt really detrimental to the car and coarse. The new remap I got from hyperchips is amazing. and the fuel efficiency has INCREASED!! can get over 65mpg which is amazing for a car that can do 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. most of the time though I'm doing around 45 mpg 'sensible' urban driving.

Remember though...you wont get a good 0-60 with bad tyres. I recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 3. £120 each from oldham tyre and exhaust (probably the cheapest place you can get them). I had budget falken tyres on at one point and I just couldnt put as much power down.

good luck!! the audi/bmw rivalry is fierce!!

My brother has a remapped bmw 320d (2005)...manual...5 door

I have a remapped audi a3 2.0 tdi sport (2005)...manual...3 door

You can get over 200 bhp with both of them. My remap was from hyperchips.co.uk and only cost £300. My 2.0tdi is now faster than a new golf gti. trust me, you can get much more than 170 bhp.

In first and second gear, the BMW just about has it, probably because its rear wheel drive....2nd gear feels brutally fast!! but i'm talking milliseconds difference.

But as soon as the Audi gets in 3rd gear it leaves the BMW standing! It feels like you can get more out of the rev range in the audi whereas the bmw seems to fade away at 3000revs.....my A3 carries on just past 3000 which makes a big difference.it feels almost like there's a second turbo boost. There is literally no turbo lag in the A3 anymore you can hear the turbo constantly spooling!! sounds like a siren!

The a3 turbo sounds amazing with the new remap...but the BMW sounds like a tractor...but its a more sensible car in my opinion. the bmw sounds system is really bad. the a3 is like a mini nightclub!!

anyway, down to which is fastest:

the bmw manages 7 seconds (not very accurate, sorry) but the A3 does it fractionally faster. However, the 0-100 in the Audi is much better than the BMW...like I say the BMW fades away a bit but the Audi keeps going. I have to let off the accelerator when racing my brother proving the Audi has a better power delivery. Weight is also a factor too.

I'm not saying the BMW is a bad car. I prefer the handling of the BMW and its stiff chassis. The rear wheel drive is fun as well...if a little dangerous from time to time!! bmw engine is very reliable as well. he's done no work to it in 2 years...and thats 2 years of abuse haha

Trust me man...dont let your mates BMW be faster....you can make the 2.0 tdi insane. There are lots of weak remaps about so watch it!

My first remap was crap and only got 170 bhp which was fast yeah, but it felt really detrimental to the car and coarse. The new remap I got from hyperchips is amazing. and the fuel efficiency has INCREASED!! can get over 65mpg which is amazing for a car that can do 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. most of the time though I'm doing around 45 mpg 'sensible' urban driving.

Remember though...you wont get a good 0-60 with bad tyres. I recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 3. £120 each from oldham tyre and exhaust (probably the cheapest place you can get them). I had budget falken tyres on at one point and I just couldnt put as much power down.

good luck!! the audi/bmw rivalry is fierce!!

A nice story .Thanks a lot!

typical golf driver!!

Golf gti is the fastest car in the world? Idiot

Ha ha, Tosser! I havent got a golf, twas total sarcasm!

Get with it......The 2.0TDI isn't geared for 0-60, you loose it on the 2nd-3rd gearchange, even if it is running 200BHP!

Me too, I particularly like the line about hearing the turbo constantly spooling, that amuses me greatly given how expensive (and detrimental to turbo life) a proper anti lag kit is!

Sounds more like whichever mickey mouse outfit remapped your car has f*cked the turbo!

The 2.0TDI isn't geared for 0-60, you loose it on the 2nd-3rd gearchange, even if it is running 200BHP!

I know its not, the guy who started the thread just wanted to know the 0-60. are you saying i'm lying about the times? cos its fast as ****.

Sounds more like whichever mickey mouse outfit remapped your car has f*cked the turbo!

If my turbo is ****ed, why is it still fast? i've done over 15,000 miles on this remap without any incident. and it still does less than 7 seconds so what do you say about that? I must be lying of course.....ive got nothing to prove its just a car. tell you what, I will video record my speedo and the road so there's no argument.

Me too, I particularly like the line about hearing the turbo constantly spooling, that amuses me greatly

I must be imagining the instant acceleration. like I said there is no more lag. am i imagining the siren/whistling noise at low revs? its always ready to go

guess i'll have to save up for a new turbo when this one breaks.....

guys im not trying to compete, the guy who started the thread wanted some info so I let him in on my experience. especially as i have the 2.0tdi and my bro has the bmw320d. I think im informed enough to know which is fastest seeing as we race them most days.

Anti lag requires an air bypass valve, a hugely retarded ignition off throttle, and sh*t loads of fuel to be thrown into the exhaust, I'm not even sure if it's possible on a diesel, but without all of that, your just making noises.

A whiney turbo can still produce full boost, it won't affect your performance until it goes pop, but it shouldn't make any unusual noises.

im not saying its got an anti lag system. ok so there is a very negligible split second lag. but not noticeable because the boost and fuel delivery is so huge.

its not an unusual noise, it sounds really cool. OK so my terminology may not be spot on, I related the whistling noise to spooling which may not be completely accurate. My first remap didnt make that noise but I instantly noticed it with the new remap. so its not a mechanical fault that has slowly come on.

anyway, i'll post the video.

Fair enough, have to say, I know exactly what noise your talking about, a few of our cabs do it, some of them continue to do it forever and never pop, some of them go pop, it is a mechanical fault however.

If you pop down your local cab rank, and listen to some of the Octavia's, some of them will sound exactly the same as your Golf, and it's nothing to do with remaps.

lol golf!! its an audi a3, but yeah same thing!! :D

i literally noticed it immediately after the second remap....and thats before the test run. so it must have something to do with it somehow.

its not detrimental to the performance at all....it sounds mint!

anyway turbos aren't too expensive, I will happily run it into the ground!!

gonna record the video tonight so get ready to say sorry! :roflmao:

and please stop taking the micky guys I was trying to answer the guy's question with an honest reply as I have first-hand experince. like I said, im not trying to compete its only an A3 for gods sake.

YouTube - audi a3 2.0 tdi remapped

sorry about the really bad quality its with a camera phone. I will post a high quality version with my camera. the road is even slightly uphill in this! not bad acceleration for a diesel?

I start accelerating around 5 seconds into the video and get to 60 at 12 seconds....so just about 7 seconds. I can get it slightly quicker with better gear changes. i overreved 3rd a bit :ffs: it was my first attempt and the setup isn't great so i'll do a better one and i'll film the road too so noone can say its fake or whatever!!

Edited by Olly A3

especially as i have the 2.0tdi and my bro has the bmw320d. I think im informed enough to know which is fastest seeing as we race them most days.

I'm sure you're talking about racing them daily on your own private circuit...

Next time you feel the need to prove your exceptional 0-60 you might try to get a mate to video it for you rather than try hold the wheel, change gear and video it yourself...

this was on a private road....so no worries. I don't drive like a dick on public roads nor condone it. clean license!!

we only race to 30 mph!! :)

you can't have a mate film your 0-60 because the time won't be accurate because of their added weight. might get someone really skinny to do it!! or just stick camera to my steering wheel!! haha

yeah sorry about the bad video quality!! I will post a high def version if there's any more doubters!! the times don't lie!! I will post a comparison bmw320d 0-60 if anyone is interested....

is that your GTR? bleedin awesome car. my mate used to have the R34 so if it's anything like that...you got an amazing car!

Edited by Olly A3