New A5 Cab - dealer discount?

Fuzzb3k

Howdy. Just about to place an order for a new Audi A5 Cabriolet (3.0 TDI quattro S line) and was wondering what sort of dealer discount I might be able to wrangle. The Audi RRP OTR price is 49k. I've managed to arrange finance separately, so can't use that as leverage.

Has anyone got any recent experience buying from an authorised dealer?

• 1 month later...
Howdy. Just about to place an order for a new Audi A5 Cabriolet (3.0 TDI quattro S line) and was wondering what sort of dealer discount I might be able to wrangle. The Audi RRP OTR price is 49k. I've managed to arrange finance separately, so can't use that as leverage.

Has anyone got any recent experience buying from an authorised dealer?

...if you have already placed the order and signed the order form the window for discount has already gone!!

He hasnt placed an order if you read it correctly.:confused:

Just check online broker to get an idea of whats available.+++

ok, re-read that smarty pants....

However just looking on line at what the brokerage companies say they can get doesn't always follow through to what they do get/deliver on.

Hence why 95% of people get their own dealer to perhaps match an on line deal and give good service and value.

ok, re-read that smarty pants....

However just looking on line at what the brokerage companies say they can get doesn't always follow through to what they do get/deliver on.

Hence why 95% of people get their own dealer to perhaps match an on line deal and give good service and value.

Did i say he had to buy through an online broker, its always an option though. But it can be used as a guide as to what sort of discount is available. I will always give my localish dealer the chance to get within a few hundred pounds of this then and tell them thats where i need to be, then they can have my cash.... or i go elsewhere. +++

And that is as much as you will get out of any dealer at the moment it would seem!

I'll second that, as you know!

Even when dangling a £41k+ order in front of them with my chequebook on the desk, 7%-8% is the maximum on offer. And that wasn't unique to 1 dealer either.

What did you order then?

Nothing but it was an S4 avant I was/am after. The list price was just shy of £44k including GAP and their offer was £41k. I'm in no rush to change my current Audi and had already said I would only go ahead if the deal was right.

They knew my position in that my current car is paid for and the finances are in place for the new one and I had my chequebook out ready to pay the deposit if they could get down to the cost to change I was after which personally I don't think was unrealistic.

I don't think I could have been a more tempting proposition to them as far as being a customer but it's their business and their decision which is fair enough.

They openly admitted the margin they had in the car but refused to move on what was their 2nd (and final as it turned out) offer.

For the time being, I'll sit tight and ponder what to do next. In the meantime, they know where I am if they need to sell an S4.