Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neil6368

cut out probs with my sccoby

12 posts in this topic

hi all im neil i have an impreza turbo 2.0 and when i give it some welly round corners it cuts out can anybody tell me why,

its pissing me off lol

Edited by neil6368

Welcome to TSN, there's a few Subaru drivers on here, but we are the minority!

With regards to your problem, which Impreza do you have? it could be the fuel pick up has broken in the tank, it sounds like a fueling problem, does it cut out completely? so you have to restart, or does it misfire a bit then carry on once your past the corner?

With regards to your problem, which Impreza do you have? it could be the fuel pick up has broken in the tank, it sounds like a fueling problem, does it cut out completely? so you have to restart, or does it misfire a bit then carry on once your past the corner?

yep; we need more info... I had a WRX and chopped it in for a WR1 that got crushed by a tree while I was NOT driving it.....

Edited by scooby_simon

it misfires my friend then carrys on wat apain in the arse

it misfires my friend then carrys on wat apain in the arse

its a 98 2.0 turbo awd thanks

Does it make any difference how much fuel you have in the tank? I.e. Does it stop doing it on a full tank?

Have you checked under the bonnet for any loose electrics, and made sure the coil packs are bolted in?

i havent done any thing yet ill try it on a full tank and get back to you all and i will check the coil packs oh by the way were are the coil packs im a bit thick when it comes to stuff like that

There should be two on either side of the engine, 4 total, where you would expect to find the spark plugs, as they sit on top of the plugs.

If you're talking serious welly round right handers with less than maybe a third of a tank of fuel, I have a feeling it's a simple case of fuel pump versus gravity. Only ever happened to me on track, specifically round the Melbourne hairpin at Donington!

(And yes it was the misfire that made me spin... :uhoh: )

Only other misfire issue I had was when it was overfilled with oil once.

well im hoping thats the case mate is there anyting i can do about this as its a bit of a pain

If it's happening alot then I think there's probably something else wrong. The fuel starvation problem I had was only at really extreme lateral g.