Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benhancock_uk

Ipod / USB Interface (No Sound) Help!

4 posts in this topic

Having recently taken delivery of my new 1 Series Coupe MSport and added the options for Bluetooth Phone, Upgraded Speakers and Business Audio and USB / Ipod compatible..... I was keen to plug my ipod in as soon as possible however I have the following problems and hoping someone can help:-

I initially tried the apple USB cable and wasnt suprised this didnt work with my iPhone, it did however work well with an old style ipod nano I had with the exception of not having full access to all the playlists and menus etc.... So I reluctantly shelled out £45 for the BMW Supplied USB / Aux cable which although now allows me to navigate all the menus and playlists correctly is somewhat useless as I now have no sound at all.... Am I being amazing stupid, missing something here... or does it sound like there is a real problem?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Have you switched the head unit over to the aux setting ?

With the BMW supplied USB / Aux cable connected the Aux and USB options are replaced with 'IPOD' on the headunit which I select... and choose a track selection... appears to be playing but with no sound.

Many thanks

How old your Ipod / Iphone?

Apple in inifite wisdom changed the pin arrangement a while back - not sure of dates - therefore not all info gets transmitted.

Needless to say they neglected to let BMW know until customers started complaining....

On a simpler view, have you checked everything is plugged in properly??