MY10 Number Plate Bulb Part Numbers Needed Please?

ahaydock

I want to try and get LED Rear Number Plate bulbs working in my MY10, and want to make a loom so I can add a circuit between the existing connector for the rear number plate bulb holder and existing cabling without cutting any wires.

So I guess I need to know the part number of the existing connector that the original rear number plate bulb holder fits into and the relevant mating half please?

Also what wire is best to use here?

Then I can add my circuit in between the existing connector and a new LED all in one rear number plate unit I plan to buy.

This way no wires are cut and the original connector, number plate unit and replacement unit stay untouched and if it does not work I can go back to normal and return the LED replacements (at c£30) and all I have lost is the price of the connectors and circuit I am adding.

TIA.

Your dealer should be able to give you the PN of the male plug that fits into the bulb holder although if I had to guess I would suggest it will be 1J0 973 119 as this is a commonly used 2 pin plug. You will then need the female version (1J0 973 332 if the first guess is right) & be able to wire them up using repair wires (eg 000 979 132) The repair wires are double ended so you need 1/2 the number, you will need to get the right wires - size & spade/pin for the connectors you choose.

Best bet is to remove the existing light unit & take it in, ETKA has a whole page of plugs/sockets that with the repair wires will make the job straightforward if you have a helpful parts dept.