vw bora mpg ?

Wugga

hi !!!

Simple Question What is the average MPG a 2004 vw bora tdi se 130 should do ?

mine floats around 30-40 mpg. i recently had the fuel pump and relay changed as they broke. before that i'm sure the mpg was 45-50 mpg.

sorry if this has been posted before. i couldn't find any answers !!

thank you

lol, wow thats cool, mine has done 30 miles now and its moving just a little, do u think i may have a fuel leak ?? or is it becoz i have had a new fuel pump and relay fitted ?? and they are just more efficent than my old ones ??,

everyone else that i know that has a vw whether it be a golf, bora or passat have really good mpg !.

No probs!

Just fill the tank, zero the milometer and use the car as normal. Then once you get back to the petrol statin and fill up - check/note the litres you have bought.

comvert those litres to gallons and then you can divide the milometer reading by the number of gallons. Hey presto - your MPG!

I do that on mine and I get about 52 mpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey cruiser , it still has a pull but just dont feel right , i have text my mate who said he will change the solanoid? (watever that is and also some other sensor) ( not the maf as this has been replaced already ) so not had limp mode which is what happend b4, could that be turbo lagg ?

!! not upto speed with forum speak wats an indy ? (independent garage ?)

also where is the turbo located within the engine i can check the pipes for splits ? do i have to remove any parts to see it ?

Edited by Wugga
added extra text.

hey cruiser , it still has a pull but just dont feel right , i have text my mate who said he will change the solanoid? (watever that is and also some other sensor) ( not the maf as this has been replaced already ) so not had limp mode which is what happend b4, could that be turbo lagg ?

!! not upto speed with forum speak wats an indy ? (independent garage ?)

also where is the turbo located within the engine i can check the pipes for splits ? do i have to remove any parts to see it ?

The Solanoid might be the N75 relay. It allows the turbo vanes to fold out when the revs rise. (IIRC!)

Indy? - independent garage +++

The turbo is located behind the engine as you look from the front. The inlet manifold sits above the turbo. You need to squeeze all the pipes and see if they stay deformed. If so - replace. If not, they are OK.

thanks for your patients if your following this link. car has done 347 miles now and i still have qtr of tank showing avergae mpg is between 35-42 mpg.

i have to fill it again as going to heathrow today (09.03.10) from cardiff.

car has its MOT on thurs ( 11.03.10) is there anything i can mention to mech abt the mpg issues ??

MOT is to check the car over, not to fix problems, so unless you've got it booked in for diagnostics, they wouldn't check it. If the car is over-fuelling, then it may result in the emissions test reading too high, but not if it's returning 35+ mpg.

well the car passed the mot with no issues !! on my trip to heathrow was reaching 52 mpg.

today i had a the highest mpg for a while !! 43.1 mpg, maybe its the fuel pump and relay i had a done a few months ago just settling in.

next thing now is service for the car on the 3.4.10. fingers crossed , thanks for the tips and advice guys.

• 2 weeks later...

My MPG was dropping a bit and the engine was sounding rather noisey recently, so I shoved in a load of Millers diesel+ cleaning stuff into the fuel tank.

It has made a huge difference. Engine is quieter and I MPG improved.

I got the bottle from Oilman (on here, usually in the Market Place section). Buy a bottle and try it. +++