Spa 2010

Woppum

The police are there though, so if you have a dodgy/altered number plate, they'll stop you before you get on, or if you have an accident, they'll get involved, they don't drive around the track looking for people to pull.

That's true. I'd rather someone go and be more cautious than go, get nicked and then come on here ranting at us ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tourist days, pay as you drive!

Or more correctly now, pay a fecking fortune as you drive!

Bloody Top Gear, since they went there, the prices have gone through the roof, not to mention you can't even spend cash at the cafe/shop any more, you have to credit a nurburgring card now and spend that.

They had started it, but were still accepting cash as no-one new what was going on.

I'm going to try my luck in the cafe this year, order some food, collect it, then get to the till and try handing the cash over!

Will they refuse my money on food I've pre ordered? we shall see.

Tourist days, pay as you drive!

Or more correctly now, pay a fecking fortune as you drive!

Bloody Top Gear, since they went there, the prices have gone through the roof

Indeedy. I think we paid €80 for 4 laps last year, or a single costs €22, I vaguely recall paying 7DM a lap (c.£2.80) on my first trip there. I bet Mook paid in Reichsmarks when he first went and everything was in black and white.

Woppum - you can run slicks, but you're screwed in an accident - tyres have to be road legal. No, you can't tape up your plates.

I double check every year that my insurance does include cover on the Ring and get them to confirm it in writing.

You won't be driving it balls out anyway, even in the RS. Check you're insured and away you go.

Sub 10 laps for Duisberg? Easy peasy in that 350Z +++

I double check every year that my insurance does include cover on the Ring and get them to confirm it in writing.

If you mentioned that on Lovejoy's forum you'd be hunted down. The hate people who ask as it maes the insurers more aware and hence less and less let it slip through.

If you mentioned that on Lovejoy's forum you'd be hunted down. The hate people who ask as it maes the insurers more aware and hence less and less let it slip through.

Well then frankly, they are all tw*ts, it's just common sense to make sure you are covered, rather than have to argue the toss over it later.

I realise this contradicts my earlier statement, but I have fake id and a stolen Scooby, so I'm not worried! :P

Not quite Scotty. It's people who are looking for insurance and ask as part for it whether they're covered to drive the Nürburgring. If you specifically state that you're not visiting to take part in a motorsport event, trackday or timed event, that you're looking to drive on the Nordschleife during a day when it's open to the public.

My broker and insurer know me - I've a responsibility to me and anyone else to make sure I'm insured.

Being blunt, I'd rather be insured than worry about what people on Ben's forum think - and do they think all insurers are stupid?!