what type of vag com do i need

dane lee

I just brought a vw golf 2.0 GT TDI mk5 (2005-55) i absoluty love the car and be very gutted if any thing was to go wrong with it i know absolutly nothing about cars apart from driving it,topping the oil up,window wash,putting diesel in it and driving it as you can see i only know the very basics so if the smallist of things was to go wrong i would have to take it to the garage i have seen some threads about a vag-com and saving a lot of mony. I have looked on ebay for this and there is loads of them but all the one's i have looked at they are no good for a mk5 golf could any one be able to let me know which one would work on a mk5?

Alsoi have never had such a power full car before i have been told a few times watch out if the turbo/injection incase they stop working or start to play up cos it costs a few pennys what are the first signs of these not wanting to work?

This minght sound like a dumbe question but when you come from a 1.6 petrol with no injection/turbo i aint sure what to look for.

Cheers

(sorry about the spelling)