Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Busby

Piloti Shoes

6 posts in this topic

Anyone got a pair of these?

Got no idea what to get for my birthday and thought about these.....

Piloti Shoes

Not sure if it's a bit poncey though!! Plus I'd have to buy them mail order which worries me with shoes.

Personally, like race suits at trackdays, I think they're a bit w*nk.

I've not got any Piloti's or any other type of driving shoe but if your serious about your driving then I should imagine they're worth it.

Trouble with trainers these days is that you have little feel of the pedals. I recall wearing thin soled type trainers many years ago and they felt good to drive in.

Race suits on track days possibly is a little OTT (although fire protection can't be bad thing) but I don't see anything wrong with driving shoes. Many Piloti's look like regular trainers but with thinner soles anyway.

Many Piloti's look like regular trainers but with thinner soles anyway.

That was the plan to be honest. The rounded heel intrigues me so I wondered if anyone had a pair. I should have gone to the Autosport show so I could actually see them.

Tipex - I wouldn't buy some fire proof F1 boots and then wear them to drive round to Waitrose. I agree that would be a bit daft but these just look like regular shoes - don't they?

I've got some Piloti Laguna's (the subtle ones that look more like regular casual shoes). Nice and comfortable with a decent thin but surprisingly stiff sole. I used to use Puma speedcats and similar out on track but I found the heels a bit too narrow and chunky (was going to say high then but thought better of it) when walking and would sometimes "roll over the edge". The Piloti's heel is much better in that respect. YMMV.