Delivery Mileage or Test Driven??

DanG

I was a little shocked this morning to hear about a test drive my old man did this past weekend.

He had been wanting to test drive a specific car with quattro and a Tip box.

The dealership had not been able to source one as a demo or used car, so on Friday they let him take out a customers car which had just been PDI'd.

Bearing in mind this was a test drive, he did drive the vehicle - testing how the quattro compared to his 5 series rwd etc. He was also very impressed with the power of the engine so had obviously been putting his foot down.

Apparently (and I wasnt there, just getting this from my brother this morning) they had to take off the protective covers and interior protection before they could drive it. it didnt even have plates on it.

Now, i would be furious if i found out that 'my' car had been lent out to someone to cane around in it before I had even taken delivery.

My A4 had 4 miles on the clock when I picked it up.... this one aparently now has nearer 20....

So how many miles is 'delivery miles' ?

I think its a disgrace.

Isn't the Eastern Road a 40 limit Dave? lol

I followed a VW Passat CC on "10" plates plus trade plates up Eastern Road in Portsmouth on Wednesday, it was being driven so hard I had to give it plenty to keep up in my RS4. The supplying garage was Peter Cooper.

Running in?

Treating a customers car with car and respect?

Isn't the Eastern Road a 40 limit Dave? lol

Nope, 50 until the causeway which is 40.

Top speed isn't the only issue - when pulling away from the lights (we were caught by all 6 sets of lights between Anchorage Road and Sainsbury's at Farlington) he accelerated from a standstill at a rate that suggested "enthusiastic" use of the throttle.

I worked at an Audi dealer and regulalrly did PDi's. Usually the cars would come through from the factory (all wrapped up, or in a bag in the case of TT's!) with about 3-7miles on the odo. A distance of 3 miles minimum should be caried out but obviously this is someone's new pride and joy and respect should be given to the car as such!

The only time mileage was above this level from the factory was, funily enough, if it was a special model such as an RS or S model. They must have further to drive to the delivery trucks eh!!!??? :roflmao:

Most I ever saw was the last RS6 plus I did. It was one of the very last sold and it arrived with nearly 40miles on the clock!!!!!!

There's no facility to reset the odo on PDi, although Merc dash's can be reset if the total hasn't exceeded 100miles..........

Other thing that BUGEED the hell out of me is that all FSi engines should have only higher octane fuel of good quality but we got shouted at and warned if the reciepts for fuel showed V-Power! Start as ya mean to go on eh! Then the new owners were'nt told how important this was either.

ANyway, I'll shut back up now......

The only time mileage was above this level from the factory was, funily enough, if it was a special model such as an RS or S model. They must have further to drive to the delivery trucks eh!!!??? :roflmao:

Most I ever saw was the last RS6 plus I did. It was one of the very last sold and it arrived with nearly 40miles on the clock!!!!!!

All RS models are built by quattro gmbH and not by Audi AG, and quattro gmbH test drive every vehicle they manufacture, so all RS models should have at least 20 miles on them when they arrive at the dealer.