Bye bye, GTI ... :(

fresco1

I've had my GTI for 3 years and 10 months, from new. But sadly, the time finally arrived to part company after months of wondering if I should just keep it forever! Despite having various cars in my time, I can honestly say the GTI has been the most fun, most entertaining of the lot - and for the money, an absolute bargain for what it is capable of.

It was the hardest motoring decision of my (driving!) life - to get rid of it. But I don't use it anymore, and it sits in my garage for weeks on end, completely loved and detailed to perfection. Just a waste, and Mrs. Fresco has been on at me for ages to get rid of it. She finally won.

I did consider a Mk 6, but I don't feel it had enough over the 5 to tempt me. Maybe the 7, when it comes out?!

Anyway, the GTI is now gone, at Mrs. Fresco's request.

But I did buy something else to replace it, though! Mercedes CLK AMG cabriolet!! Can't wait for Saturday when I pick that one up! :))

I'm sure the Benz will be a very different car. I guess that as your GTI was little used, a cab will make a fun summer car you will want to drive and that makes a nice noise too?

Post up pics when you get her! +++

Yep, will get some pics when the sun is out and the roof down! Attached is a generic shot of the same car - think mine has slightly different wheels but no real difference otherwise.

Will be sad to see the GTI go, but have been sensible (sort of) - bought a diesel Skoda as the daily driver, as can't leave a decent car in an NHS staff car-park (I work at about 4 different hospitals per week, usually running late and likely to park badly - i.e. side torn out badly!). So it will be Skoda 5 days a week, and MB AMG for 2 ... !

Just downloading music for the pickup - checked out Google's list of top convertible driving music, and aside from my own list and tastes have gone for the alledged #1 song for convertibles: Golden Earring's 'Radar Love' - not normally my taste, but sod it I'll give it a go!!

Er, as the GTI was handed in wearing its relatively new winter tyres, I have 4 good Pilot Sport 2's - 2 of which were about 6 months old and have covered c. 2000 miles - think an ad is needed!!

post-13029-137914443404_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...