Online electrical store? For plasma tv

Dave

I've always bought my panasonic tellies from a local retailer.. bought loads over the years..

anyway, i think times must be hard for them because discounts have dried up. Can anyone recommend someone who provides a top service and good price?

And am i right in thinking that the panasonic V10 is to become the V20?

Cheers

Edited by Dave

It's always worth doing 1 x visit to the local dealers. Most like to dress up the margins by saying free delivery, unpack, build / install.

Tell the local man you will collect or accept a boxed delivery and hopefully they will get within £50 of net price.

The £50 v internet shop does give to LOCAL support and that should be factored in.

DOA's aren't unheard of and some sets will fail- When a internet supplier will expect you to run around, the local wouldn't.

Richer Sounds, Pixmania (I hate them, but the prices are good) come to mind. Best bet is google the brand / model you want and look at the "find a deal", "lowest price comparison" type sites.

The 42" G10 via Pix is £730

I would do as Chris suggests. Recently had excellent service from Richer Sounds: 32" LG went bang after 6 weeks. They collected it and rang to say parts would be 4 to 6 weeks and if I went to the local store they would give me a loan tv. I did just that and the manager said that 6 weeks is too long to wait to have a virtually new tv repaired and gave me a brand new one there and then+++

Shop on the internet, find the best price.

Find the closest to best price you can from a retailer with an actual business premises - very often Richer Sounds.

Next, contact the undersales dept at your nearest (doesnt have to be that near) John Lewis store and they will then pricematch, and include a 5 year guarantee and free delivery.

Job done!

+++

A quick search reveals the 42" S10 at Direct TV's for £639...

I haven't gone into all the detail, but they have a showroom in Huddersfield, so looks like thats a reasonable bet to start negotiations...

Same price at Richer Sounds for the G10.

Oh yeah, and don't get too caught up in "its got to be the latest model" because you'll end up in the position of always waiting for the next one!! So long as its good at the time, it'll be fine!!

Edited by chrisbin

Oh yeah, and don't get too caught up in "its got to be the latest model" because you'll end up in the position of always waiting for the next one!! So long as its good at the time, it'll be fine!!

Yea good point.. i can get a decent price on a V10, or pay full wack (£300 more) for the V20 due end of march.

I've always used my local independant A/V store, the prices were never cheapest, but the service was unrivaled by any hight street chain, plus he'd set up any combo you wanted to try out in his testing room, unfortunately however, the guy retired a couple of years ago, and no-ones replaced him.

So I bought my last TV from John Lewis, and have to say, I'm very happy with the service, the price was almost the cheapest (but not quite), but it came with the all important 5 year warranty, plus I got a load of Blu-ray films too.

I'd have no hesitation recommending John Lewis' on line.

JL also, my last lcd TV came from them, it went wrong after 2 years they collected, then found it was beyond economical repair, and replaced it with a spanking new one which i was able to ungrade so started off another 5 years warranty. There customer service is excellent well recommended.

John Lewis all the way... 5 year guarantee, buy it and forget about it. Simples. :P

And ANOTHER one for JL here. Got my samsung 32" off there for £350 about 6 months ago with the all important 5 years cover and im really happy with the service etc.

Dont have to worry about the tv breaking down after the 1 year warranty period and can sleep happy knowing i will have a working HD TV for another 4.5 years! +++

Even now the price for my TV in most places is about the £340 mark but without 5 years cover. :cool: