Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Princess Jessie

Problems with Heated Seats in TTS

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have an Audi TTS that i love... its a year old but i am having real problems with it.

The heated seat element on the seat base (horizontal part !!) right near the back of the seat where it meets the vertical part underneath the leather protrudes slightly up through the leather and has bruised the base of my spine. !!

Sorry its difficult to explain exactly where the problem is on the seat.

Has anyone else heard of this problem ?

Audi say it is not a fault! Cant believe its right as one can feel the element through the seat.

comments please

The heating element in the seats will not get that hot, but as you have a bruise and not a burn, i would say the two are unrelated.

I think what the op is saying - is that the heating element it's self has moved into a position it is effecting the op's back.

Have you sat in another car and seen if the seats have the same problem?

I'd take the car back to Audi & ask them to investigate. +++

Thanks for your replies... yes it is the actual heat that is the problem.. it is the metal or the part of the element protruding that is causing issues.

I have gone to a couple of local showrooms and they all have the same issue... but only the TTS!!! bizarrely on all the other models you cannot feel the element.

And i have gone back to Audi who investigated and said i am the only person to complain about this problem. :confused:

I think that part of the issue is that i do not sit in a typical sports slouching position, but sit reasonably upright tucking myself into the seat properly.

Because they say noone else has complained I am struggling to get anywhere with Audi...

Any ideas ?

Did you make that yourself Chris? :roflmao:

Did you make that yourself Chris? :roflmao:

Pure and funny conincidence- I image googled "cushion", and it was there on the 1st page :grin:

Send a letter to the U.K Head office at Milton Keynes, explaining your issue, and also comment on how un-helpful your local dealer was.

Thanks for your replies... yes it is the actual heat that is the problem.. it is the metal or the part of the element protruding that is causing issues.

I have gone to a couple of local showrooms and they all have the same issue... but only the TTS!!! bizarrely on all the other models you cannot feel the element.

And i have gone back to Audi who investigated and said i am the only person to complain about this problem. :confused:

I think that part of the issue is that i do not sit in a typical sports slouching position, but sit reasonably upright tucking myself into the seat properly.

Because they say noone else has complained I am struggling to get anywhere with Audi...

Any ideas ?

Not got this on my TTS, in fact if anything the heated seats are a bit crappy - far less potent than the furnaces on the Mk1. Setting 3 does cook you after a couple of mins, setting 2 is okay but you stop noticing it after a while. Setting 1 really is pointless.

Never felt any of the element when sitting in it either, even after a few hours driving. 500 mile round trip last week no problems.

Hate to say this but you could be on to a loser here. It's obviously not just your car (as they all do it to you) and nobody else that I'm aware of has the problem. Maybe its the silk nappa leather which is a bit thinner than the regular stuff. It's one of those unique combinations of you + seat. Your best bet may be to just get something to protect your back for that small area.

Edited by Gren