[Audi A1] Audi Reveals A1 S-Line Sport Package

Andy_Bangle

Just like the BMW Group did with its MINI-branded cars, Audi is planning to offer an amazing amount of customization options and packages for its new entry-level A1 model including the S-Line sport kit which is expected to be one of the most popular options amongst buyers.

Seen here for the first time in official photos, the S-Line kit comprises of two separate packages. The S-Line Exterior package sweetens up the A1's looks with chiseled sill tops, a larger roof spoiler, a more concave front bumper with side air-vents and a new rear bumper with a diffuser and matte optics.

The second kit is called S-Line Sport Package and it adds 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels, a sport suspension with dynamic suspension tuning, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and sport seats.

And no, none of the available packages offer any performance upgrades for the four engines (two petrols with 86HP and 122HP, and two diesels with 90HP and 105HP) and that will be available at the A1's launch.

Audi-A1-S-Line-17.jpg

post-2214-137914444493_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914444497_thumb.jpg

post-2214-1379144445_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914444504_thumb.jpg

post-2214-137914444508_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I agree, it looks like a Citroen effort with those coloured pillars but I assume they are optional and you can have it all the same colour.

At least it's not a bland creation like the VW Polo. Quite daring for Audi and I should imagine it will help attract younger buyers.

Shame both the front and back lights look like they were glued on as an afterthought!

Edited by Tarmac_Terrorist

• 2 months later...
It looks better from a distance when you can't see it :coffee:

Fixed that for you.

So, as usual with Audi and BMW I'm presuming "Sport" means charging an extra £1500 or so to add some tacky bits of plastic that make it heavier and slower, and fit stupidly hard suspension to give gullible people the impression of "sportiness". :rolleyes:

Top Gear magazine this month doesn't like the A1 at all.

They say "On the surface it might be an admirable effort to bring the engineering values of one of Germany's noblest carmakers to a wider audience. But look harder and it turns out to be a bit of a mirage.".

They even have a sidebar titled "Vorsprung Durch bullshit"...