Job change ideas

collease

I know of plenty of storied of folks getting f*cked over by estate agents and/or their mate in the financial arm and/or their mate in conveyancing.

Talk to Bootsy, he got shafted by the local EA late last year, big time. :ffs:

We're not all sterotypical feckers! .... ;)

If you choose a good independant, well established firm (like mine obviously! :grin:) you should get a good personal service with someone that has good local knowledge and contacts, gives a true honest valuation and not get shafted with hugh fee's like with one of the corporate firms from some youngster who knows nothing about property and only started last month!

These 'private sale' schemes are cheap and you get what you pay for I suppose, but if things don't go perfectly and they rarely do, who do you approach for that free advise? They're not estate agents, they're basically just putting your property on a website and giving you a board to put in your garden and can't help sort any problems out. When bad structual survey reports come back, or chains and solicitors are in need of consent chasing, who deals with all that. There's a lot more to it than just introducing a purchaser and then saying,... here's my invoice! (I wish it was!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic