#1 vaslam1986

vaslam1986

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

I'm having problems with my hood, when i press the power hood button the hood begins to open but the boot lid catch doesn't seem to release Posted Image It makes a whirring noise, moves a bit then stops....I made a video of the problem to show what i mean by this (link below) ...any ideas anyone???

#2 Chav

Chav

Porsche GT3

• Members
  • 12,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi mate, how old is the car?
mines a 2006 and the hood has done that occasionally recently...seems to be that the big boot panel is the heaviest, so its that that stops lifting first when the hydraulics feck up.

I also get the yellow hood symbol flashing (which you posted somewhere else)
Needs dealer attention to check the hydraulics. On mine I also ensure i raise/lower the roof with the engine running...gives more current to the mech giving it a better chance of working ok!!

If it stops halfway, raise/lower the roof via the normal button way, and if that doesnt work, manually lift the boot panel and pull the roof. works a treat, but obviously makes you look a plonker in public ! :-)

#3 Cupramax

Cupramax

BMW M5

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

I've had mine jam up halfway through opening while out and about and looked like a right idiot. With mine the whole lot just stopped in the giant windbreak position. Its done this a couple of times now... not good. :(
A5 3.2 Quattro

#4 magrillz

magrillz

Ford Fiesta ST

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hi guys,

My wife's 2003 A4 cab has started doing this. The rear panel starts to lift but then it's as if the hyraulics don't have enough power to fully lift it. If I gently lift the rear panel it then carries on lifting and the roof works fine.

The cars just come out of an extended warrany and due to the milleage we couldn't renew. Do you think the hydraulics have gone? Just thought I'd check in case it was a common issues resolved quite cheaply but can't find anything on the net so guess not?

Thanks in advance
R32 3 Door, Deep Blue with Black Leather, De-locked, Pioneer Headunit, Infinity Basslink Sub. (SOLD)

#5 netmonky

netmonky

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi all,
Did this get resolved? I have an audi a4 s4 with the same issue :-( ... any pointers? WHere is the res?

THanks

Mark

#6 Cupramax

Cupramax

BMW M5

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

Mine was a position sensor which sits in the right hand side mechainism... its either this or the switch itself on the centre console.
A5 3.2 Quattro

#7 netmonky

netmonky

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

mine is showing the below ... can anyone help?

1 Fault Found:
02000 - Switch Position
008 - Implausible Signal

#8 PetrolDave

PetrolDave

Audi RS4

• Members
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

1 Fault Found:
02000 - Switch Position
008 - Implausible Signal

See 02000 - Ross-Tech Wiki
and Audi A4 (8E) Automatic Roof - Ross-Tech Wiki

#9 Cupramax

Cupramax

BMW M5

• Members
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

1 Fault Found:
02000 - Switch Position
008 - Implausible Signal

As I put above your post, if you dont want to spend a fortune letting Audi diagnose it, replace the switch on the centre console and if that doesn't sort it the position sensor 8H0 959 613.
A5 3.2 Quattro

#10 netmonky

netmonky

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi, switch in the middle has already been replaced :-). Can I reset sensor values with VAG ?

#11 djh

djh

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Has anyone tried replacing the G356 (8H0 959 613) potentiometer / frame position sensor for themselves?

Is it just as simple as physically swapping over the part or does it require some additional calibration that is best left to the dealer?

I've already changed the roof control module (8H0 959 255B) trying to fix this fault, so this part is my next option.

Thanks!

#12 djh

djh

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

To answer my own question, it's actually very simple to replace this part. You lower the hood until the rear shelf compartment is opened and the potentiometer is easily accessible. The new part number is actually '8H0 959 613 A' and they cost 65 quid from an Audi dealer. Once swapped over (literally a two minute job) it didn't require any calibration and the hood mechanism worked perfectly again, even on inclines!

#13 cruiser647

cruiser647

BBC Correspondant

• Members
  • 27,782 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Good work Fella! Welcome to TSN.

Surprised no-one else suggested stuff.
We are usually much better at this than that above! :o

You are the son of a thousand fathers.  Everyone of them a ******* like you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cabrio, cabriolet, hood, issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users